Weekends

Options
Does anyone have any tips on how to stay on track on the weekends? I am great during the week but the weekends my schedule is off and I find myself eating more. Any tips would help.

Replies

• mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can “bank” some calories over the weekdays to use on weekends? Cut 100 off per day (or more if you’re comfortable) and you’ll have 500 extra (250 per day) for the weekend (or more)? How much do you relax over the weekend? What’s your typical calorie intake over weekdays versus weekends?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mazcor536 wrote: »
    Perhaps you can “bank” some calories over the weekdays to use on weekends? Cut 100 off per day (or more if you’re comfortable) and you’ll have 500 extra (250 per day) for the weekend (or more)? How much do you relax over the weekend? What’s your typical calorie intake over weekdays versus weekends?

This is what I do, during weight loss and still now in maintenance.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    For me it has been very helpful to "allow" Saturdays to be a bit of a crazy day with extra indulgences. Not over the top, but not quite so balanced & controlled as the rest of the week. However, reining myself in on Friday evenings and Sundays has helped...making those "week days" while Saturday is my only "weekend", if that makes sense? It is very easy for the weekend to turn into 2.5 or 3 days of eating more and at weird times and that can throw you off.
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I think I’m just allowing too much “wiggle room” on the weekends. It’s so much harder bc my schedule is all over the place. As I’m sure everyone’s is. I’m not as strict about logging my food. I will try “banking” calories and see how that goes. I appreciate the comments
  • njbodyworks05
    njbodyworks05 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I've started to do is bring healthy snacks with me, especially if I am out running errands and will be out when I normally have lunch. Last weekend I took some cucumber slices, an apple and some baby carrots. It helped me to feel satisfied until I was able to get home and cook something healthy instead of hitting the drive thru window