One year on MFP ........

Replies

• MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    That's so great! Your hard work is paying off!
  • ricardo2233
    ricardo2233 Posts: 2 Member
    Determination 5 star!!!!!
  • mjolnir81
    mjolnir81 Posts: 27 Member
    What an amazing story! I'm so glad that you didn't give up and resign yourself to the heavier weight. You look so happy in your latest picture. It takes some serious courage to to get back on the weight loss wagon after having done it before, but all the hard work has obviously paid off!

Well done and the best of luck for the rest of your journey :smiley:
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Inspiring!
  • DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    Great job!
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Thanks for sharing...so inspiring!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing journey! You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • AwareOne
    AwareOne Posts: 4 Member
    Wonderful! So happy for you. Such courage and determination!
  • latentspring
    latentspring Posts: 27 Member
    I almost never comment on success stories, but I wanted you to know that you’re absolutely an inspiration. It really is inspiring to have someone say the things I’ve thought for ages about myself - I know how to do this. Now it’s time to actually do it.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks so much everyone.

I'd never have dreamed it a year ago.

I guess I wanted to let people know that they don't have to "settle" and that it's never too late to try again.

If you ask you'll find out everyone has a story, I've found when it comes to dealing with weight issues, a lot of stories sound familiar. There's a commonality amongst us, maybe that's part of the reason this app and these forums are so popular.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    What an inspiration! you have done incredibly :smile:
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    I'm literally crying reading this. I lost 97 lbs and gained back about 140. I'm 35 lbs down from my all time high of 287. I am walking this path and I know exactly what you went through. Thank you for your courage and sharing his with us! You are an inspiration!
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    What a journey you have been on! This is a great reminder that losing the weight is only half the battle. We also have to work on resolving the root cause, the food addiction. I’m on my first ever weight loss journey and am approaching both my 365 day streak on MFP and 100 lbs lost. I have another 100 to go. I also have a long way to go on resolving the reasons behind decades or maybe even a lifetime of overeating. Thank you for the inspiration and for helping to keep my feet on the ground. 100 lbs sounds amazing - but there’s a larger battle to be won.
  • SlimKim11
    SlimKim11 Posts: 333 Member
    You are a rock star girlie!!
  • Gordi0463
    Gordi0463 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    You are an inspiration.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    What a journey you have been on! This is a great reminder that losing the weight is only half the battle. We also have to work on resolving the root cause, the food addiction. I’m on my first ever weight loss journey and am approaching both my 365 day streak on MFP and 100 lbs lost. I have another 100 to go. I also have a long way to go on resolving the reasons behind decades or maybe even a lifetime of overeating. Thank you for the inspiration and for helping to keep my feet on the ground. 100 lbs sounds amazing - but there’s a larger battle to be won.

@SaraMakingChanges Congratulations on your commitment and success too!

Your so right about the larger battle - it's something I have to work on every single day!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, Cheryl. You've been an inspiration to me (and lots of other folks, I'm certain).
  • brasseur48
    brasseur48 Posts: 6 Member
    Amazing and Inspiring since I lost through running also then bounced back heavier then ever once i quite to "rest" a sore leg that turned to 7 years and a lot of fat. Now I have also changed the other side of the equation the Nutrition side as well as exercise. Keep inspiring
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Great Work! The logging really does make all the difference... if nothing else, it gives me a feeling of being in control. Knowledge is power - and knowing that this food has surprisingly high calories, vs that food which has much less than I thought? It makes the losing so much easier.

Gratz and hugs!
  • larali2
    larali2 Posts: 31 Member
    Awesome!!!! You have what it takes and then some!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!