under-eating?

Options
What happens if you don't eat all your calories for a day? I did a pretty intense workout today and ate what I normally do, but it says I have 400 more calories to eat. Help?

Replies

• jamezyjamez
    Options
    happens to me quite a bit and i eat more if i'm hungry. i dont if i am not. as long as you are not consistently way under (e.g. less than 1200), i dont think its a big deal.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What happens if you don't eat all your calories for a day? I did a pretty intense workout today and ate what I normally do, but it says I have 400 more calories to eat. Help?

Wow I needed this question today too!!! Thanks for posting.:happy:
  • jgirlnyc
    jgirlnyc Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel the same. I decided to stick to 1100 calories a day and I burned like 350 calories at the gym. My diary says if I continue eating like this I'll be 7 lbs lighter in 5 weeks (doesn't sound bad to me, LOL). Should I eat more or not bother?
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    I feel the same. I decided to stick to 1100 calories a day and I burned like 350 calories at the gym. My diary says if I continue eating like this I'll be 7 lbs lighter in 5 weeks (doesn't sound bad to me, LOL). Should I eat more or not bother?

1,100 calories. Not enough.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Here's a past thread that by far says it better than I could:

TOPIC: For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calories"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    One day of not eating your calories IS NOT going to slow your weight loss or cause you to go into 'starvation mode' or whatever.

In fact, calorie cycling is great for a change up. If you aren't hungry, don't eat them. Don't feel like you have to be a slave to what the site tells you. Listen to your body.