No "S" Diet

Options

Replies

• Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    and like today i stayed under my Calorie goals , just not snacking and spacing out meals
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    and like today i stayed under my Calorie goals , just not snacking and spacing out meals

This is how I eat regularly. I don't do it on purpose it just happens. I may go 6 or 7 hours between lunch and dinner because of my work schedule. Do what works for you and your lifestyle. If you are properly nourished and feel satisfied then you are doing fine.
  • Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    You recently posted that you lost 103 lbs. What were you doing then that you can't continue doing now? You never specified that in any posts about your weight loss.

I'm in a plateau , been stuck for a month no budging?!!! my body got so use to it and i have been exercising 5-6 days a week for a hr a day ,and doing WT 2-4 days a week for 30-40 mins and drinking nothing but water and unsweetened tea and coffeee with only 50 cals of creamer in it... eating average of 16-1800 cals daily , it keeps balancing up and down , i need to shock my body and get it moving again, i'm on my last 15-20 pounds to lose and it's a b$tch... what do or would you suggest if it were you !?

There is no such thing as "shocking" your body into losing more weight, and it makes no difference what you're drinking as long as you're within your calorie budget.

There is a big difference between 1600 and 1800 calories for many people, especially when they're close to their goal weight. This variation could easily take you out of a calorie deficit. What number of calories does MFP give you for a day? Eat that number of calories consistently each day.

MFP gives me 1610 a day to lose a pound a week... then i exercise and it sometimes throws 300-400 exercise cals back on the board to eat back.... i don't always eat them back sometimes i'm full and don't eat any back after that day... so that would give me around what up to 1000 cals of exercise alone to eat back for that week if not more, so that's when i throw in those additional cals in on some days cause i have all that extra .. is that right to do or wrong!?
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You recently posted that you lost 103 lbs. What were you doing then that you can't continue doing now? You never specified that in any posts about your weight loss.

I'm in a plateau , been stuck for a month no budging?!!! my body got so use to it and i have been exercising 5-6 days a week for a hr a day ,and doing WT 2-4 days a week for 30-40 mins and drinking nothing but water and unsweetened tea and coffeee with only 50 cals of creamer in it... eating average of 16-1800 cals daily , it keeps balancing up and down , i need to shock my body and get it moving again, i'm on my last 15-20 pounds to lose and it's a b$tch... what do or would you suggest if it were you !?

Sorry for the late reply. I'd follow the excellent advice given and not panic. I'd keep doing what I was doing and have patience. I'm in the same boat. The last few pounds are slow. But my body is still changing for the good. I'm getting stronger, my runs are getting faster. Good things are happening.

Get a trending app. Take up a sport maybe. Tighten your logging. And relax and enjoy the process.
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did this for a couple of years before cell phones and calorie counting apps. This way of eating allows you to (probably) have a calorie deficit without counting. If you read the book, he is against counting, weight watchers, ect. But once I found calorie counting, I found it much easier to just count and eat when I wanted to. I eat about 5 times a day now and get the same result.
    When I did "no s", I lost about 20 pounds but I always went to bed so hungry....
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Ok, I am going to say this. I do IF, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't do it for some "magic" weight control thing, I do it because in get larger meals, some appetite control, and I get less food focused. I still count my macros and calories. FAD diets do work, but most of them are not sustainable long term. I considered Adkins, but I like my carbs! You seem as someone pointed out to like trendy things. Well how about the elephant diet! You can eat all you want, but you have to catch your own elephant. Sounds crazy? Well it would work! I fell for the guru bs when I started. Don't follow my life. As far as spiking insulin. Insulin spikes are going to happen! Though as you lose weight you become far more sensitive to your own insulin. The body becomes far better at shuttling nutrients into cells. So, insulin spikes are less. Look up the research. I am not going to reply to anymore of these messages. I sure there are people here very happy about that! Lol best of luck.
    https://youtu.be/IhDnkrUEq6w
    https://youtu.be/-eq8VObUFsk