Start of a long journey!

Options
I am starting a new lifestyle and I know it’s going to be a struggle but I’m determined to do it. I have been overweight my entire life and it’s got to a point that I’m sick of not being able to do what others can do. I’m at a point that I’m going to lose this weight or die trying. Lol I hope to post my accomplishments in the future and be a encouragement to others! Let’s do this!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Welcome! I think that if you look at it as a struggle, it's going to be a fight, and you're going to lose. Instead, create a plan that you think you're able to follow, and know you'll be willing to follow, for the foreseeable future. This plan should grow and evolve with you. Starting with the calorie target MFP gave you, is a good idea. Make sure you're not just starting a new diet with a fancy name, but a real lifestyle change. A lifestyle is for life.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    It can be more of a struggle than it needs to be if you over-complicate it. You are fully capable of doing what others do, you just need to believe you can, and make small changes over time until you get there.

Remember it's a marathon, not a sprint, take your time, get to understand the simple mechanics of weight loss (check out the Most Helpful posts in Getting Started and the General Diet board)
  • knighton78
    knighton78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • amluckhurst
    amluckhurst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great you've got your head in the game! Good luck on your journey.
    Whats your plan? Gym/home? How are your going to change your diet and which bad habits are your going to kick out?
    This forum is perfect for obtaining the advice and help you need. So just ask if you need it.
    I'm still learning, and I thought I ate pretty well. The app is telling me I'm missing out on most of my nutrients.
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • carimacdonald
    carimacdonald Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this i know i started and have had alot of ups and downs im down about 20 and have keep it off but i need to lose more so i put the app back on my phone