Fitbit Charge 2- sync help???

I’ve recently bought a Fitbit charge too and have attempted to sync it to MFP. I looked at the Fitbit group and followed all the instructions for syncing (using the web browser to connect Fitbit to MFP etc) but it’s still not working.
I even disconnected Fitbit from MFP
and reconnected it again, and it appears that it’s connected- I have a bar on my home screen that continually reads that I have done 0 out of my 8000 target steps, even after clicking ‘sync’ on the app. But o still can’t see any information about calorie adjustments or anything in my diary.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cookielee72
    cookielee72 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same issue. I guess the developers have no answers?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    I would recommend opening a Case with Customer Support on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • iservs44
    iservs44 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey guys, I don't have the issue but I can try to help! I've been syncing my Fitbits with MFP since I first got the Charge 1 almost three years ago. It's a little hard to get used to at first, but you'll get the hang of it! So I don't know if you meant you're clicking "sync" on the MFP app or on Fitbit, but you must sync your Fitbit within its own app before MFP will register any activity. Once you let your Fitbit app sync up with your watch, the data *should* automatically register on MFP.

I think that might be the main issue here, but if that doesn't work, I think I connected my Fitbit to MFP from the MFP app (not through the Fitbit app or browser), but you could try to see if either way works. I opened the MFP app and went to "More," then to "Apps and Devices." It's a bit annoying because it'll bounce you between the two apps a bit, but then you hopefully won't have to do it again!

I'm sorry if any of this is just repeating what you read in the group, but I'm just a fellow Charge 2 user trying to help!! :)
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    iservs44 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I don't have the issue but I can try to help! I've been syncing my Fitbits with MFP since I first got the Charge 1 almost three years ago. It's a little hard to get used to at first, but you'll get the hang of it! So I don't know if you meant you're clicking "sync" on the MFP app or on Fitbit, but you must sync your Fitbit within its own app before MFP will register any activity. Once you let your Fitbit app sync up with your watch, the data *should* automatically register on MFP.

I think that might be the main issue here, but if that doesn't work, I think I connected my Fitbit to MFP from the MFP app (not through the Fitbit app or browser), but you could try to see if either way works. I opened the MFP app and went to "More," then to "Apps and Devices." It's a bit annoying because it'll bounce you between the two apps a bit, but then you hopefully won't have to do it again!

I'm sorry if any of this is just repeating what you read in the group, but I'm just a fellow Charge 2 user trying to help!! :)

Thanks iservs44 for your message!

I sync my Fitbit within its own app several times a day, so no issues there. Still get a bar on my home screen in MFP telling me that I have done 0 of my 8,000 steps.

I’ve connected my Fitbit through the MFP app, then when that didn’t work, I disconnected it and connected it through the browser. However, when I look at apps in my MFP app, it tells me that Fitbit is connected.

I’ve tried opening my Fitbit app and making sure MFP is connected, but the only option I can see is to download MFP (Fitbit app has a page which gives you a list of compatible apps). If I click on Download, it takes me to the App Store, and since I already have MFP downloaded, my only option there is to click “open”, which I’ve done. Still doesn’t make any difference!

Feel like I’ve done everything I’m supposed to, but still not getting anywhere. I’ve also tried logging out of both apps and logging back in. Still nothing!!

Maybe I need to take the advice above and email customer support?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Try this...

​​​​If MFP and Fitbit are synced but you are not seeing Fitbit steps, on the MFP mobile app go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected as the Step Source.
  • Leannep2201
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Try this...

​​​​If MFP and Fitbit are synced but you are not seeing Fitbit steps, on the MFP mobile app go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected as the Step Source.

Thanks for your reply, CyberTone! I just checked, and yes, Fitbit is already selected as the step source!
  • Leannep2201
    Problem seems to be solved.... my Fitbit account disconnected from my Charge 2, and reconnected to my old Flex that I had pre-MFP.... not sure why or how, but it seems to be sorted now, whew!
    Thanks to those who commented!