Do I need to add anything else?

Options
Hi all

This time last year I had a PT who I did weight training with but to cut a long story short I could no longer afford the sessions and didn't really have the confidence to go it alone.

In January I re-joined a new gym where I have been doing just the classes but I'm liking the idea of redoing the programme I did with my PT just to gain some confidence again using the weights. My main goal is lose fat which I'm doing at a calorie deficit.

My PT programme looked like this:

Workout 1
Squats (free weights)
Deadlifts
Overhead Press
Bent Over Row

Workout 2
Weighted Lunges (either walking or forward lunges - if that makes sense)
Bulgarian Split Squats
Push up/pull downs (using the machine)
Glute Bridges

Now, I have a barbell and weights at home that go up to 30kg so I was wanting to try doing the workouts at home first to gain some confidence and ensure my form is correct etc. I can do all the workouts above at home but what I could replace the pushup/pull downs with?

Also if you think I should maybe add a workout to the above that would be beneficial then please feel free to advise me.

Again, my goal is to lose fat, I just miss doing some weights but do not feel confident at all entering the weight rooms at my gym but figured I could make a start by doing it at home.

Thanks

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    For losing fat you want your strength training to be optimal for helping you maintain/minimizing muscle loss. How many times a week did you do Workout 1 and Workout 2?

I would do a total body program 3x a week. Maybe look into these various established strength training programs. To help with your weight loss and strength training regime assure you are eating ample protein in your diet to support this.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    You can do pushups on the stairs or against a wall to assist with the difficulty. Not sure on pull-ups though. If you have a pullup bar at home, you could do negatives.
  • Xkmaf2018X
    Xkmaf2018X Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @RoxieDawn Thanks for your response. We would do Workout 1 2x per week and workout 2 once per week then the following week do workout 2 twice per week and workout 1 once and so on and so on.

• Xkmaf2018X
    Xkmaf2018X Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I can do pushups from the stairs but don't have a pullup bar unfortunately