OATs procedure

Options
I had OATs done in November 2016. I went through the whole non-weight bearing period transitioning into rehab and full recovery in the normal recommended time. I am now 16 months post-op and have built myself up to 4 miles of 8:30/mi pace. Sometimes the injury site hurts during running and while going down stairs. There is also some discomfort/wonki-ness from time to time but for the most part I am pain-free

Because I am still having some discomfort when running I am afraid to really push it. I'd like to return to 5K/10K running in the near future and progress back into 1/2 marathon training at some point ideally getting to finally complete a full marathon.

I am wondering if my progress is normal and if it seems standard for an OATs patient to still have some moderate pain and discomfort 16 moths out?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you getting up there in age? Or just your knees? LOL When cartilage starts to wear out, knee replacements are next. Couldn’t you pick another sport that is not so stressful on your knees? Cycling or swimming?