Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie deficit

I'm using MFP and I'm 5'6" and 183lbs- want to get down to pre pregnancy weight of 155 if not more. But first is 155lbs.

I did a 1.5 loss a week to determine calories and it gave me 1420- I typically eat around 1100 nothing over 1220. Is this enough deficit or should I eat less? I'm totally confused lol. Thanks all

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you're typically eating 1,100, how much are you losing per week now?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited April 2018
    How are you measuring your calories in and out? If you are currently 183 lbs and not losing weight, then you are most likely off with your counting - 1100 is a very small amount of calories and barring some very unusual medical conditions, you would be losing weight (and possibly hair) if you were consistently eating so little. Don't feel bad about it - many people struggle with accurate counting. The best thing you could do if you haven't already is to get a food scale and weigh everything that you consume for at least a week or two. Good luck - you can definitely do this!

ETA: I've lost from 183 to 157 over the last several months eating around 2000 calories, so 1420 would certainly be a good target if you're counting accurately and aren't a slow-poke like me.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    If you're not losing at 1100 or 1220, I'd wonder if you're logging accurately.