Who eats what they want (within a certain calorie deficit of course), and still looses?

Options
13»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost 100+ eating whatever as long as it fits.

to lose, i have to weigh, but t maintan (which i did for 2 years, well there was a slight loss (10 pounds maybe) but not much, comparative to previous loss), i dont have to weigh and log. but thats me and 5 years of experience doing it ;)
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I have what I want, and have lost more than 7 stone, I make sure it fits in with a deficit. However, as you go along, you will probably find that your tastes will change and you don't want the same things you used to.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't eat what I want and lose weight, unfortunately. Too many digestive issues. If/when I eat the wrong thing, it "accumulates" and my stomach swells and I'll rapidly gain weight (that wont leave until my bowels are completely cleared)...
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I haven’t cut anything from my diet. It wouldn’t be sustainable without the food that I like. I don’t eat anywhere near as much as I’d like to, but I can have enough of pretty much anything with a little bit of planning. In the few months I’ve used MFP, I’ve gone slightly over my daily calories about 3 or 4 times.
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    15 percent of my calories are for deserts everyday. That’s about 350 of my calories, and with that I’ve lost 15 lbs from October till today. I am only wanting to loose another 4 lbs then I’ll go into maintenance, and continue always to make sure I treat myself to something sweet and yummy everyday! You don’t need to deprive yourself to loose weight. Just eat less of everything you like. Of course you should track your calories to do this. Always and forever. I gained those lbs that I lost by not tracking my alcohol. I don’t drink much anymore, but if I did I learned my lesson about tracking alcohol
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Nope, can't do it. "Whatever I want" is tiramisu, tortilla chips and guacamole, or a half a pizza which easily takes me over my calorie budget. I can only eat certain foods that I really like in small portions because they are calorie rich. I eat lots of healthy foods I like but they are not "whatever I want".
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I eat all the same things I've always eaten - just more of some things and less of others.
  • artnom
    artnom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I try and eat healthy but I don't have any foods that are off limits.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do. I have no off limits,
    I log my food, 90 % accuracy, and loses 1 to 2 pounds a week.

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I can eat anything I want some of the time, and some of what I want anytime, and stay within my calorie goals most of the time and not go over by much when I do go over. Just lost my 20 and slipped into maintenance.

Food is yum and pleasure and "hygge", that social comfort and cosy feeling. I too yo-yo'ed and could not reach my goal or maintain until I let myself enjoy that aspect, including my favorites.

Best of luck, you got this!
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ive lost 18,5 kg eating mosly junk and alot of unhealthy food. Heck i had a day recently were i only ate snacks and cake during the whole day. So it definitly works.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP, Me, too. Sometimes, even on weekends.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I do, allowing for my health issues I eat foods I enjoy including chocolate every day.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I eat the food I want but not in the volume I used to prefer.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    When I am logging my foods and counting their calories I do lose weight.

But.. I recently learned when I travel I have to stay disciplined and track what I eat, to the point of logging my foods before I order my food. Even better to plan what I will order before I walk into the door of an eating establishment.

Not perfect, as some estimating may have to be done for some food places. And you are at the mercy of whoever cooks and measures your foods. But better to keep mindful of your food intake by logging.
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    slw37 wrote: »
    I eat "whatever" I want; just not as much as I want.

ditto! the ONLY thing I've cut out is the Chicago Mix from Costco - I could scarf down half of one of those big bags without even blinking an eye - so that snack had to go! Other than that, I eat what I want, just less of it. So far so good - I'm down 25 lbs.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've been successfully maintaining for 7 years after successfully losing. All of this while eating all my favorite foods within calorie limits. Why complicate things and punish yourself? Enjoy life! <3