Running form suggestions

Any thoughts about this jogger's running form?

tc6mdod8p4c3.png

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Hard to tell form without seeing it in motion, but perhaps her color choices across her outfit are less than optimal?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Is said person having any problems that would require them changing their current form/technique?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I need to see it in motion as well. Is this a test?
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    From what I can see, looks like the foot is impacting too far forward. The foot should strike under center mass.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    This is partly (okay, largely) me trolling about form discussions. This person is actually one of the fastest ultrarunners on the planet (Camille Herron), and @RoxieDawn her form is even more painful to watch in motion! (Remember Paula Radcliffe?) She does heel strike and run leaning backwards. She also runs like the wind, and is super nice.

I do know that she's spending a good amount of time with strength training to improve her running economy, which will likely quiet some of her upper body movement. But, like Paula Radcliffe, all this extraneous movement doesn't seem to slow her down. You can see more pictures here: http://www.camilleherron.com/
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Interesting!
    This is why I have always believed in running intervals and sprints too, in addition to the distance running.
    Sprinting forces the bad habits out of you. You cannot heel strike and sprint. You have to use your arms efficiently and evenly.
    I kid.
    Sort of.....
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,731 Member
    My only comment would be how tense she was holding her hands and shoulders. Clenched fists aren't usually a good idea unless you're pushing uphill.