Cutting After First Bulk: How To Adapt Program?

Options
Im a male, 5'11, and during my first bulk I went from 150 to 180 lbs. Recently I started cutting to drop some body fat (10 pounds give or take) while maintaining muscle I gained. Right now I am eating 500 under me TDEE while keeping my protein high and cutting a lot of carbs. My workout program is purely weight resistance for 6 days a week (nSuns if youre familiar with it). My question is do I need to continue lifting as hard as possible weight wise, or should I lower weights and increase reps? I can already feel the effects of not eating as many carbs during sets. Also, is cardio so important to body fat lose as some people say, when Im already cutting diet wise? Thanks.

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Im a male, 5'11, and during my first bulk I went from 150 to 180 lbs. Recently I started cutting to drop some body fat (10 pounds give or take) while maintaining muscle I gained. Right now I am eating 500 under me TDEE while keeping my protein high and cutting a lot of carbs. My workout program is purely weight resistance for 6 days a week (nSuns if youre familiar with it). My question is do I need to continue lifting as hard as possible weight wise, or should I lower weights and increase reps? I can already feel the effects of not eating as many carbs during sets. Also, is cardio so important to body fat lose as some people say, when Im already cutting diet wise? Thanks.

It's all about being in a caloric deficit, cardio is only a tool to help you acheive it...but it can be cancelled if your diet is poor (basically you're still in a surplus). I lost 25-30 lbs in 4 months with not one single day of cardio and as long as I was at a 20% calorie reduction of my maintenance, I would still be losing a pound per week wether it was with cardio or not.