Your first move in a zombie outbreak: Survival plan

Options
Mikkimeow
Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
This is pretty self explanatory.

Personally, I would grab my girlfriend, my kid and a few days of food in a backpack and head to my parent's farm. It is on a hill in a clearing and I would have a great range to see anything coming in. Getting out of my city and getting to my parent's place an hour away would be the hard part. Especially with the commotion of everyone running and being chased. Everything I have watched/read shows not to hunker down for too long or you could get stuck in a massive undead zone.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Rally the Zombies!

..... I want to be on the winning team.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Statistically, the larger the group the better chances of survival...
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Grab my family and hijack a cruise ship. Those suckers are loaded with food and zombies can't swim.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    lets see i would head to the Canadian mountains and just hope they can't find me
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,158 Member
    Options
    I'm not sharing my plan with any of you.

Actual/serious planners never do. Only the select few.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Costco

Dorrito aisle
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

~ Mike Tyson

• bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

~ Mike Tyson

This
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This' a fitness site, yet you're all forgetting something critical to your survival:

B1lX955CEAEZraD.jpg

I'm a dancer - EVERY day is the day after leg day, and I think I'd rather run from zombies than deal with a choreographer who wants to rehearse the killer 15-minute jump-based section for hours every day :p
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hide in a tree
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    1.Cut down trees to block the only roads into my valley
    2.Get all my neighbors, family and friends on the same page
    3.Move all my farm animals into one pasture
    4.Shoot anything that moves
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would tell my husband and youngest daughter to just run for it, and leave my eldest and me behind....they have a real chance of survival whereas my eldest and I would both just trip over the nearest zombie and fall in to their mouth. We'd have no hope.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live in South Africa and we are pretty much all behind high walls with barbed wire and electric fences. What I would do though is move into the school across the road; close off all entrances but one; fill the parking lot with cars; fortify the palisade that is already there; make spears out of curtain rails and paring knives (quiet, don't attract attention); turn the rugby field into a field for crops and the keep the sheep, chickens and goats (wool, eggs and milk) in the aftercare playground. Then I build a network of tree houses and aerial walkways/ziplines in case the perimeter is breached so we can retreat to higher ground and pick them off from a position of strength.

I've put some thought into this
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    nap