How does intermittent fasting work?

Options
So ive been doing this for quite a while now and although im literally starving during the fasting period, it feels nice to see the scale not be as high. However after my workout i have my so called big meal and keep in mind this is about 6 hours after my first meal which is usually 200 calories, more precisely 2 chicken tender breast grilled and lettuce. After eating my large meal and some almonds and fruit. And even after using the restroom i check the scale and im about 8-10 pounds heavier. Is there any way to solve this so that even if i gain 8-10 pounds its overall less weight from losing fat?

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Weigh when you first get up in the morning after using the bathroom. You will weigh more after you have been up and around, especially if you eat a large meal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don’t weigh yourself more than once a day. As much as weight fluctuates, especially after you’ve consumed food/liquids and are wearing different clothes, it’s pretty useless. If you’re looking at fat loss, you should download a weight tracker and look at the overall trend.
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I lost weight I did it for like 4 months straight but then my periods were fluctuating and I got worried so it's not for me. Plus I did lose like 4 pounds quickly but as soon as I started working out and eating healthy I gained back