Cinnamon and Honey For Weight Loss

Options
Has anyone used Cinnamon and Honey for weight loss?

It's supposed to have alot of other things it's good for too.:happy:

Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I put cinnamon in my Greek yogurt. Does that count? lol
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this on Pinterest and I feel like it's just one of those things that people say work but it doesn't. Like a fad diet of some sorts. I'm interested in seeing the responses here, though.

Personally I'll keep up the calorie counting and exercising, though. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    er. no thanks. I'd rather eat at a sensible calorie deficit.

nw1tE.gif

tumblr_m6e9vm1Rsv1rxa2k2o1_500.gif
  • cnjazvac
    cnjazvac Posts: 9
    Options
    Cinnamon is a calorie free flavouring you can use, but the real bonus is that it regulates blood sugar. If you eat as little as 1 tsp every day for 6 weeks (may be less, can't remember) it will have lasting effects. An easy add to yogurt, smoothies, cereal, etc.

Honey is a natural sweetener, better to add to things than refined white sugar.

I don't think either will alone will make you lose weight, but they are not bad things to consume!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is a calorie free flavouring you can use, but the real bonus is that it regulates blood sugar. If you eat as little as 1 tsp every day for 6 weeks (may be less, can't remember) it will have lasting effects. An easy add to yogurt, smoothies, cereal, etc.

Honey is a natural sweetener, better to add to things than refined white sugar.

I don't think either will alone will make you lose weight, but they are not bad things to consume!

Just to put out a correction - Cinnamon is not calorie free. It's about 6 cals a tsp. Not being picky, just don't want to see a thread pop up about someone who gets angry that they thought cinnamon was calorie free but it turned out it wasn't. (Referencing the spray butter thread incident).

But as others have said...honey and cinnamon (separately or together) aren't some miracle weight loss additive/solution. Calories in, calories out.
  • joelsumrall
    joelsumrall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do count the honey and cinnamon in my daily calorie intake, but it's not many calories.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Just like any of the 'fad diets' if you read into it somewhere it will always say something along the lines of 'along with a healthy diet and regular exercise' . Like others have said both are good options to add to a healthy diet for a variety of reasons but aren't a miracle solution on their own.
  • joelsumrall
    joelsumrall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, a healthy diet and exercise are the key !! :wink:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    er. no thanks. I'd rather eat at a sensible calorie deficit.

nw1tE.gif

tumblr_m6e9vm1Rsv1rxa2k2o1_500.gif

lololol :laugh: :laugh:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I use cinnamon several times a week in shakes, meats, and veges.

I put honey on my PB toast every morning.

I've lost weight and maintained nicely.

Everything in moderation with excercise and patience.
  • denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well I will probably get bashed for this or an I told you so, but I'm trying the cinnamon and honey..I was told it has to be raw honey and ceylon cinnamon.

I bought something called Cinna Honey it comes in a jar and it's already mixed together and I eat it off the spoon. I have be trying to stick with LCHF as best as I can, but haven't lost much weight and wanted to see of this would give me a little boost, so will see what happens. I started the cinnamon and honey on June 20th.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to be rude and laugh at you but hey wake up:laugh: .. it's food and all food has calories and NONE are a miracle, even any products the try to sell us for dieting aren't a miracle. All food has calories and none will make you skinnier than any other. Just track your calories and do a bit of exercise if you can.End of story. Do what MFP shows you and you'll lose weight. Ask for help if you need it, we all love to help anyone that is stuck.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have read alot about it - and are starting it ourselves. It has to be RAW Honey - and you are supposed to use CEYLON Cinnamon (not the kind you buy in the supermarket. Whole foods sell sit - and of course online.

I have read many many people swear by it - I have the Ceylon Cinnamon on order (my Whole foods is sold out of that particular kind - though they have a ton of the reg stuff - go figure!)
  • mrsjay4life
    mrsjay4life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just last night I came across this http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-and-cinnamon.html
    and it was very interested. But one thing I do know is that cinnamon
    helps regulate blood sugar and can lower cholesterol. Just bare in mind that What
    may work for me may not work for someone else unless you try it. I do know that honey
    is less fattening then sugar so it to may help in weight loss some how and they
    are natural products.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well alrighty then, if a bunch of people swear by it and its all over the INterWeBs it must be true! :bigsmile:

Sounds like more fuel for the gullible.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the use of honey for losing weight but my allergies completely vanished when I added honey from a local bee keeper to my diet five years ago. Two tablespoons in my oatmeal and peanut butter just about 90% of my breakfast meals
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Well alrighty then, if a bunch of people swear by it and its all over the INterWeBs it must be true! :bigsmile:

Sounds like more fuel for the gullible.

Just like the State Farm commercial... (I'm paraphrasing here)

Girl - This is my Internet date... he's a French Model

Model - Um... Bon Jour

2n01zqs.jpg
  • dying_2b_skin3
    Options
    im actually gunna try this...afterall what harm is a few extra calories a day gunna do?!
  • SammyCardsFan
    SammyCardsFan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hahahahaa! That gets me everytime!!!!!:laugh:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wake up and smell the coffee girls. :laugh: goodness me...