What kind of exercises are y'all doing

Options
2»

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I don't count my walking as far as calories burned, just as part of my daily allotment of time spent active 9try to get 30 minutes or more). Walking calories are so minimal if I get any extra credit for them all the better but I sure don't want to eat them back. The MFP calculators are always really high anyway, half the time I edit the calories down by half or completely.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I do the c25k program except 2x a week instead of 3. And then I lift weights 2-3x a week. My ideal is 5 days a week total. Lately it’s just been 4 though.

This goes against mfp advice but I actually don’t log exercise at all. I set my goal to lose .5 lbs a week and then the exercise I do bumps my rate of loss up a smidge from there.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Right now I do about a mile a day 5 days a week. I'm 374 so until i get down a bit most other things are just not going to work as I don't have stamina, I want to do more but after a half hour my hips and lower back hurt so bad that getting out of bed the next morning is rough.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Insanity 2x a week weights 2x a week and I work really hard 3 days a week. I burn a lot of calories at work, my Fitbit picks it up as exercise because of how much I move. Today I burned almost 1500 calories just from my job.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    So far today I've logged 20 minutes of walking for 110 calories, or 5.5 calories per minute. I've logged 14 minutes on a cheap elliptical machine that attributed 279 calories to me, or almost 20 per minute.

Any exercise or none will help with your weight loss. You only must eat enough to get your needed nutrients and stop eating each day while still in a calorie deficit.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I run a few days a week, sometimes intervals and sometimes a slow jog. I also hike about once per week. On days I do nothing else, I at least do a few minutes of stretching because it feels good.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    duplicate post deleted
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot, and just let my Fitbit track it. I have a treadmill and now that it's getting nicer I go outside. I take a 90 minute walk in the morning and walk more throughout the day while stuff is going on and I'm waiting for it. I also lift weights, full body routine, every other day.

I get 1000-1200 daily calorie adjustment from Fitbit, but that's only because I probably should have my activity setting set to active and I have it as sedentary. I do this because I go to bed early and don't want to deal with the head game of having to account for calories being taken away from me at night (this is down to how the predictive aspect of your calorie adjustment works).
  • chrissy201509
    chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I run 4 miles a day 5 days a week! And eat 1200 diet also. And if you are burning 300 calories a day and eat 1200 calories you will be able to see results fast if you keep at it just don't give up!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I run 4 miles a day 5 days a week! And eat 1200 diet also. And if you are burning 300 calories a day and eat 1200 calories you will be able to see results fast if you keep at it just don't give up!!!

That is only a net of 900 cals a day. If your idea of fast results include muscle loss and poor body composition when you get to goal, then yea.
  • aliyusaf
    aliyusaf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Freeletics for about 30 mins followed by 40 mins of cardio (elliptical trainer). I do this on a four day cycle with the last day being a rest day.

I have tried weights but, for some reason, I absolutely hate it. Freeletics is fine for me and hopefully it may replace the weights (hmmm).

Freeletics was pretty hard the first week and I had to take days off due to muscle ache but that doesn't happen now as the muscles have gotten used to it.

Average calorie burn is about 750-800 calories for a 90 minute session with the heart rate staying between 140-150 bpm.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cycling, cycling, and more cycling (and strength things in the gym twice a week when things aren't crazy in my world). Right now I ride three or so days a week inside and am towards the end of the Low Volume Sweet Spot Base II plan on TrainerRoad. Most of the hour long workouts range from 650 - 800 calories with the exception of the workouts in the much easier rest week.

Starting next month I'll likely be doing two to three days inside with one long ride outside. I'm also in physical therapy once a week which currently involves a lot of jumping in preparation for being ready do start a running program. Of course I also do most of those exercises at home as well.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am a long distance cyclist. I burn on average 12,000 calories a week on the bike. The last 5 weeks were all over 12K also do 700-900 push ups a week. I am pretty fit, so I can average 200 watts per hour on the bike which is around 720-800 calories per hours depending on efficiency.

Today I did 75 moderate minutes this morning. 1000 calories. Then this afternoon did a 30 minute warm up followed by a brutally fast online virtual bike race. 75 minutes total. 1200 calories. Averaged 268 watts for 40 minutes during the race...which is 700 calories very very quick.

Yes I spend most days eating all day long.