How many calories should I log for this?

Options
Recently went out to a restaurant and ordered the Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl. It had ahi tuna poke, sauteed veggies, quinoa, and avocado. How many calories do yall think I should log this as?
m5x9jwhfjdo8.jpeg

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing weights and what it was cooked in but it looks healthy and nutritious. I'd guesstimate it at 700 cals to be on the safe side.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Quinoa- 200
    Sauteed veggies- 100
    Avocado- 100
    Tuna- 200-300

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    450-500
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Quinoa- 200
    Sauteed veggies- 100
    Avocado- 100
    Tuna- 200-300

I agree with this, but I’d also add in some calories for oil for the sautéing of the veges- just to be safe, since you don’t know how they were cooked.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Refeed meal!

Since likely to be so inaccurate - don't even worry about it, mark diary this is invalid day.

It would be like weighing the day after flu emptied you out - invalid data point, so really why bother for logging.
    Weighing you might, just to see how bad you got it - but logging it ....
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Refeed meal!

Since likely to be so inaccurate - don't even worry about it, mark diary this is invalid day.

It would be like weighing the day after flu emptied you out - invalid data point, so really why bother for logging.
    Weighing you might, just to see how bad you got it - but logging it ....
    While I get your point about accuracy, I think things like this can be useful learning opportunities for estimating meals when you go out to restaurants (which I do fairly often).

Look up each of the meal ingredients in the database, estimate them as accurately as you can (err on the high side if in doubt) and log it. Sure, it may not be very accurate, but again I think it's a useful exercise. Don't ask other people to estimate it from a picture, learn how to deconstruct the meal and do the work yourself. Learn to use the tools at your disposal. It probably won't be the last time you eat out and want to try to log it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    600ish. I don't even see the tuna on the picture, lol.