oatmeal recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• enickma1221
    enickma1221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here is my special oatmeal recipe. Have not yet found anyone who doesn't like it.

Ingredients
    1 cup Quaker Rolled Oats (the value-brand oats aren't as good)
    2 cups regular Silk soy milk (or dairy milk if you're into bovine mammary secretions)
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp apple pie spice
    1/2 tsp ginger powder (secret ingredient)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup)
    1 apple (peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces)
    1/4 cup walnuts

Add oats, milk, and apple chunks to pan and bring to boil.
    Reduce heat to simmer and add cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice, ginger, and vanilla.
    Simmer for several minutes then add maple syrup.
    Keep on low heat for a few minutes until consistency is right (not like snot)
    Top with walnuts and enjoy
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I guess I am the odd bird on this one. I like rolled oats better than steel cut. Odder still, I like the low sugar pouch oatmeal from Food Lion better than Quaker.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Here is my special oatmeal recipe. Have not yet found anyone who doesn't like it.

Ingredients
    1 cup Quaker Rolled Oats (the value-brand oats aren't as good)
    2 cups regular Silk soy milk (or dairy milk if you're into bovine mammary secretions)
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp apple pie spice
    1/2 tsp ginger powder (secret ingredient)
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup)
    1 apple (peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces)
    1/4 cup walnuts

Add oats, milk, and apple chunks to pan and bring to boil.
    Reduce heat to simmer and add cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice, ginger, and vanilla.
    Simmer for several minutes then add maple syrup.
    Keep on low heat for a few minutes until consistency is right (not like snot)
    Top with walnuts and enjoy

The only problem with this recipe is that the only things on this list that I have in my house is the oatmeal, the soy milk and the apple.
    I'd have to collect everything else...
  • ali23moo
    ali23moo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with the texture of Oatmeal, but LOVE baked oatmeal. The EmilyBites website has great recipes for single serve baked oatmeal (in a muffin tin) in a bunch of different flavors (the strawberry banana is my favorite, but there's blueberry/almond, chocolate/PB and lots of others). Each "single" has around 100 calories. I have two for breakfast many mornings.