Just want to feel good about myself again

Options
So here I am again trying to lose some weight after having my daughter 14 months ago. During my pregnancy I gained a total of 36lbs and after having her I quickly lost over 40lbs but not in a healthy way. Unfortunately I had really bad postpartum and being depressed caused me to lose my appetite and not eat at all hence the fast weight loss. Well after getting on meds so I could finally function, I started feeling better and of course started to eat and little by little the weight just packed on and now I’m back to being just 5lbs away from what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant. I feel disgusted with myself, how could I let myself get this way?! So I just need to lose weight so I can finally be happy with my image, being heavier really brings me down. Need some support and happy to support others too going through this weight loss journey.

Replies

• Lee1st1974
    Lee1st1974 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there, going through depression and learning to deal with it is a long process, by talking to other people that are going through the same thing will help because they understand what you are going through and the feelings you are experiencing. It's hard to explain to someone that has not been there what its like and make them understand, even partners and family. I know from experience that getting your mind in the right place is just as important as your body. I too losed 50lbs but I focused too much on diet and fitness and not my mind and I too put it all back on. Being a father of 3 (including twins) its tough fitting in looking after yourself. This time round my mind is in a berter right place and more at peace with my self to balance all health, fitness, mind and family. It's not going to be easy but you can do it, believe in yourself and realise that you are not alone and it's ok to have these feelings and need help. Good luck and please feel free to add me if you need/would like support and motivation.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of two kids under two and I have an open diary and log and post daily. You are welcome to friend me if you'd like. Getting back to concentrating on ourselves and healthy lifestyle is hard after kids but it is a priority for me. I want my kids to see me exercising, eating right and making healthy choices...something I didn't get growing up.
  • UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ya know what, I want you to feel good about yourself, too! I would love to have you on my friends list, I really do talk to my buddies on here, I'm very accountable and would enjoy some new friends! We're here with you, lets accomplish this together!

Wishing you success!
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wishing you well! I'd be proud to have you as a friend on here, so please feel free to add. I'm a mommy to a 6 year old and I have a lifelong struggle with weight and presently back in the fight, so to speak.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I have 3 children and ballooned with all of them. Similarly I too questioned how I let myself go. My youngest is 4 and only now have I seriously made the effort to lose weight (I don't consider previous fad diets as serious attempts). You've only recently had a baby and in those early years your time is totally consumed by your children. Stay positive.... you're on your way and you will do great. Take it slow and steady. :)
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do not have kids, unless you count three rescue dogs, but I know that being in a great head space is a key factor to winning the weight loss battle. Add me if you wish