Do you think it’s possible to go from a D-cup to a B or even A cup?

2»

Replies

• alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    I think insurance can cover half if not all if you have a medical condition around it like severe back pain and stuff such as that. If not then it'll be the cost of plastic surgery.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    They will probably shrink a little, but keep in mind that DD is just a number and is a ratio compared to the band. So a 38DD is a lot bigger than a 32DD.

I second the proper fitting. Go to Nordstrom or a real lingerie store or use this calculator: http://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

I started at a 40DDD and am now a 32DDD/F but it’s really not that big. A well fitting bra actually makes them look smaller. If you asked a random passerby they might guess I am a C cup.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Not sure your age or family plans but it may change over the years due to hormones and if you have kids. My weight has only gone down about 10 lbs since before I had kids but after two pregnancies my boobs are WAY smaller and my bra size changed from a 34DD to a 34C. Though in my case I wish I had my DD's back :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    104lbs wrote: »
    Hi I’m 5’1.5, 118 lbs with a goal weight of 104, and have a 34D bust. I know it’s a longshot and probably not very realistic, but I’ve always hated having big boobs and I really just want to have really small boobs or something close to it. I started off at 133 lbs about six months ago and I’m pretty sure they haven’t gotten smaller since. If anyone has any breast reduction tips, please let me know. Also, surgery is not an option because I’m a college student low on cash.

It is unlikely that your breast size will change much by losing 14 lbs when you are not overweight and they did not change with your previous loss.
    You could try strength training.
    You could try a minimizer bra.

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    No tips per say but at my smallest I got down to a C cup from a DD (which was my whole life from the age of 16). I was doing tons of running and weight lifting. I think just overall weight loss helps in losing the breasts b/c well, they are mostly made up of fat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Hi I’m 5’1.5, 118 lbs with a goal weight of 104, and have a 34D bust. I know it’s a longshot and probably not very realistic, but I’ve always hated having big boobs and I really just want to have really small boobs or something close to it. I started off at 133 lbs about six months ago and I’m pretty sure they haven’t gotten smaller since. If anyone has any breast reduction tips, please let me know. Also, surgery is not an option because I’m a college student low on cash.

It is unlikely that your breast size will change much by losing 14 lbs when you are not overweight and they did not change with your previous loss.
    You could try strength training.
    You could try a minimizer bra.

Along the lines of a minimizer bra, sports bras are generally very flattening.

• svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    I lost somewhere around 0.5-1 cup size (depending on brand) on the last 10lbs of my 40lb loss.

I was surprised that they took that long to shrink some. In my case I wish they didn't.

Definitely wait until the end of your weight loss before trying to get surgery.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    At my lowest weight of 115 lbs I was a 34B. At my highest weight of 140 lbs now I am a 36C
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Happened to me. Used to be a 32DD as a young woman, and now struggle to fill a C cup. But I have been through menopause, and I feel that has as much as anything to do with the cup size change as losing weight in the past just put me back at 32DD.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    Oh, I'm sorry you're in this situation. You have the stats of my best friend in high school who always felt that boys treated her inappropriately because of her size.
    I feel for your friend, I was the same and it started when I was around 12. I feel it affected me a lot growing up, I still slouch trying to hide them.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,689 MFP Moderator
    They will probably shrink a little, but keep in mind that DD is just a number and is a ratio compared to the band. So a 38DD is a lot bigger than a 32DD.

I second the proper fitting. Go to Nordstrom or a real lingerie store or use this calculator: http://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

I started at a 40DDD and am now a 32DDD/F but it’s really not that big. A well fitting bra actually makes them look smaller. If you asked a random passerby they might guess I am a C cup.

In addition to the above, get fitted for different styles of bras. When I had my fitting done, they showed me how I should wear a whole different cup size depending on the bra. In general, molded soft cups (not padded bras) with underwire will give more support but will be a higher cup size. The cloth-only ones can be a lower cup size, but for large-breasted women they don't offer much support and stretch out over time. I also wear a different cup size depending on time of the month.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    I think it's highly unlikely if you have this cup size with normal weight. I was a dd at normal weight and as weight increased so did my cup size to a g cup. I need to invest in new bras as my cup size has shrunk but I want to wait until I'm at goal weight to know for definite what my size is.

If you can... try and embrace your size. A good bra can make them appear smaller than what they are and aome good clothes can do that too.
  • diamanda_
    diamanda_ Posts: 3 Member
    For the most part, yes, when you loose weight, your cup size should go down. Then there are the exceptions to the rule, I concur with what everyone else is saying, you'll probably need to have breast reduction.

I reached a point that I was a Size 2 bottoms and Size 14 top trying to lose my breast size. I was so out-of-proportion, I always wore loose clothing and looked pregnant all the time. I used to be an I-cup and am now a D cup - and am a size 6. It is not your weight that you should look at but the shape of your body. I am now proportion to my shape.

I'm in Canada and I learned that if you are 2 cup sizes or more off, you are covered through OHIP.

Also, may I add....everyone kept saying back pain however my back never hurt. What I did have were chronic headaches that I used to chalk up to stress. Guess what, I have maybe had 5 headaches since my reduction 5 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Good luck - either way, embrace your beauty... xo
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    My band size went down but cup size up
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    The first place I lose weight is my chest. This isn't good for me cos I'm only an A cup anyway :'( . ...I always have to have padded bras and it worse since I've had kids.
    It seems we can't control where the weight falls off of ! ... you wish it was your boobs...I wish it was my hips. Doesn't seem fair.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

Does your body store fat there like mine? I lost 80 lbs and went from a DD to A cup. Lost 1 cup size in the last 10 lbs.

You might not get to an A but you might lose a cup size.

Or, you might store most of your excess fat in your hips, or maybe your stomach, like other women do, and that's where most of your remaining 14 lbs will come off.

When you gained weight, did you need larger pants or larger bras?

• Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited April 2018
    I’m a little shorter than you. For me, at 118 I’m a full C cup and in the low 100’s I’m a small B. It’s funny how our body has its own rules for where it loses weight. Stomach is first for me and breasts are last. I stay a C cup until around 107 pounds but lower than that and my breasts deflate. Such a dramatic change in such a small weight span!

(For me, low 100’s was too low a weight for my frame, despite being at a normal BMI. So I deliberately gained back to where I had been before that loss, at about 110-115.)

I developed early, was a B cup by 5th grade and a C cup by 10th grade. (Being petite, that looks bigger on my frame than it sounds.) I can relate to the difficulties it brings getting attention you’d rather not have. It’s disturbing how many adult men would act flirty when I was only 11. I ended up feeling pretty shy about my body and didn’t fully accept and own my figure until I was in my early/mid 20s. It had just been too much too soon, so you have both my sympathy and empathy, OP. I know it’s likely even more extreme in your case being a cup bigger. For me, appreciating who I am really made the difference and I stopped associating breast attention ;) with the uncomfortable feelings of my youth.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I lost just over 150 pounds, and went from a 44C to a 36C, I don’t think that’s very helpful!