Diet

Hello
I have started a diet since 6 weeks
All what I want is to get rid off my abdominal fats
I have got a 22 BMI but still have abdominal fats
I cut off most of carbohydrates and I have lost about 9 kgs in 6 weeks
Still I couldn’t get rid off my fats
I am afraid of losing my proteins as I have been doing sport for a year and half,still I haven’t lost my ability to carry weights
All what I want is to get rid off my fats without losing proteins
Some people said to me that I am doing a keto diet
So I posted here
All what I need is some help
Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2018
    To build muscles and gain strenght, you have to eat in a calorie surplus, and challenge your muscles.
    To lose weight, mostly in the form of fat, not muscle, you need to be in a not too aggressive calorie deficit.

9 kgs in 6 weeks is very aggressive at your current weight.

Go to Fitness and Exercise board for detailed instructions.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2018
    adnan3586 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have started a diet since 6 weeks
    All what I want is to get rid off my abdominal fats
    I have got a 22 BMI but still have abdominal fats
    I cut off most of carbohydrates and I have lost about 9 kgs in 6 weeks
    Still I couldn’t get rid off my fats
    I am afraid of losing my proteins as I have been doing sport for a year and half,still I haven’t lost my ability to carry weights
    All what I want is to get rid off my fats without losing proteins
    Some people said to me that I am doing a keto diet
    So I posted here
    All what I need is some help
    Thanks

Wich parts you loose fat from is genetic so you have no way of simply burning abdominal fats.

If you want to keep muscle then stop eating at such a high deficit as you are right now and eat the amount mfp tells you at 0.5 kgs a week and make sure you get 1.5-2 grams of protein per kg bodyweigh. Also make sure you have a lifting program so you keep your muscles stimulated.

BMI and bodyfat has nothing to do with eachother either so just drop that thought
  • adnan3586
    adnan3586 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2018
    As the others have said, you will have lost a lot of muscle simply because you lost weight rapidly.

You have a healthy BMI so more weight loss isn't necessary. To build muscle you need to eat at maintenance calories or a slight surplus and start a lifting programme. If you want to cut a few more lbs of fat then slight deficit will work ok. Strength training that really helps the ab area not to mention the whole body.