Intermittent Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and skip lunch, I then have dinner with my peeps in the evening. Don’t know what it’s called.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and skip lunch, I then have dinner with my peeps in the evening. Don’t know what it’s called.

TMAD... Two Meals A Day... or EFE ... Eat Fast Eat. Or something. Gotta be catchy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

I may be wrong, but I believe that's called "skipping lunch". It'll probably never catch on, it's not very flashy. :D
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I may be wrong, but I believe that's called "skipping lunch". It'll probably never catch on, it's not very flashy. :D

Yep, that’ll work. It’s so dull though. Sklunch?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

"Staccato Fasting!!!"

How did you come up with staccato? Do you play an instrument? I play the piano and know a staccato when I see one. Staccato is when notes are shortened. Throw me a bone here. Lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

"Staccato Fasting!!!"

How did you come up with staccato? Do you play an instrument? I play the piano and know a staccato when I see one. Staccato is when notes are shortened. Throw me a bone here. Lol

Good observation - I play guitar, lol.

Staccato - "a note of shortened duration, separated from the note that may follow, with silence". Kinda like breakfast, separated from the dinner that may follow, with silence. :D
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

"Staccato Fasting!!!"

Staccato - "a note of shortened duration, separated from the note that may follow, with silence". Kinda like breakfast, separated from the dinner that may follow, with silence. :D

Awesome! Staccato Fasting it is!
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week so a traditional IF plan (days on/days off) only works when I commit to giving up my workouts on those days. I do a 5:2 once a quarter and usually only for a couple of weeks to refocus since managing my eating habits is rough (first time I have not been in maintenance mode so its a struggle even though I have a "low" weight loss goal of 10 lbs). On a daily basis I wakeup at 4a to workout so that's when the intake clock begins, I call it quits at 6p with nothing but water until post workout the next day. I am training myself to have more self control with my diet, which helps me take the intensity of my workouts down so I can last through the week.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    buffalorun wrote: »
    BBC take a look at butter makes your pants fall off 24 hour fast example 7 PM last meal till 7 PM next day pick a day where you have no evening social 1-2 times a week I lost inches and lbs

Do tell!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

"Staccato Fasting!!!"

Unless you eat beans.

I'll see myself out.
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I fasted from breakfast yesterday morning to breakfast this morning and lost .4lb which isn't much but I'm sure if I do it twice a week it'll add up along with my days of exercise and dieting.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I intermittent fast but don't do fixed hours. Before, about 1-2 years ago, I used to eat breakfast and I would want a huge breakfast worth 500-700 calories (not sure since I wasn't tracking then) and I wondered why the weight kept creeping on. Now I realised that an early breakfast is not an option for me cause it made me hungry an hour later. Now I typically eat after 12pm, sometimes at 2pm, 3pm, 4pm is the latest. I finish eating at 8pm normall. When I'm on holiday or with family events non of this applies though :) I can easily maintain my weight with IF. I recently lost 6lbs and broke through a tough plateau so feel really good about my plan. Dreading another plateau though.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    4 months ago I started practising omad and lost 17 pounds so far. I think fasting gives me mental clarity and I definitely have more energy when I fast. But I do count calories and weigh my food. You need to be in caloric deficit to lose weight, fasting is only a tool to help you with that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Andia15 wrote: »
    I fasted from breakfast yesterday morning to breakfast this morning and lost .4lb which isn't much but I'm sure if I do it twice a week it'll add up along with my days of exercise and dieting.

How many calories are you spreading out over the week though? Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out.

If you eat zero calories twice a week, do you eat maintenance the other 5? This would be similar (although more aggressive) than 5:2 which gives you 500 for two days and maintenance for the other 5.

You have to keep a deficit BUT you don't want it to be too aggressive. Faster weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Take a look at the 5:2 link provided. It can give you ideas for 500 calorie days.....here's your maintenance: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

How many calories are you spreading out over the week though? Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out.

If you eat zero calories twice a week, do you eat maintenance the other 5? This would be similar (although more aggressive) than 5:2 which gives you 500 for two days and maintenance for the other 5.

You have to keep a deficit BUT you don't want it to be too aggressive. Faster weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Take a look at the 5:2 link provided. It can give you ideas for 500 calorie days.....here's your maintenance: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Not to mention that .4 lb loss will come right back when you put food back in your body, Majority of it would be the food being processed out of your body