Hormone problems

Options
mobasketcase
mobasketcase Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone had issues with Hormones affecting their weight loss. If so what and how? What was the diagnosis and what was done to help treat this? Thank you !

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure if it affects my weight loss or not, because I am losing consistently.... but yes, I do have issues with hormones. I over-produce estrogen and don’t produce enough progesterone. This has lead to a whole host of issues in the TOM department... or in my case, time or several months department! (really hope my you’re a woman or you’re likely really grossed out by now lol).

I have had several tests, including blood tests and have been put on progesterone meds to help regulate the hormones.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have to reduce calories more than I think I should to lose weight, and I have hormonal issues (you name it, I probably don't have any of it.....). I still lose weight though, albeit slowly.

I'm currently seeing a good Dr to try and sort all my issues out, so hopefully controlling my weight is easier when everything is working properly. It'll take months/years, but ohwell.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and have trouble losing weight / gain easily. Basically if I look at sugar I gain weight but I have found that if I focus on limiting sugar (not carbs necessarily, but true processed sugar) and balancing my carb intake with fat and protein (basically making sure every meal is on the lower end of a glycemic load) I can lose weight, albeit slowly.