It's working :)

Options
I have been dieting and restricting foods for so long and then binging because I am so hungry, I didn’t remember what it was like to plan a meal and eat normal portioned meals.

I was depressed and the negative self talk was personally demoralizing. I was exhausted trying diets that worked in the beginning and I couldn’t stick to because the calorie count was so low and/or the foods were so restricted that I craved everything. I thought of food all the time then binged and ate everything in sight only to hate myself after. I was completely out of control and would sometime cry myself to sleep. The scale would move down, only to start back up and sometime above where I started.

I am now eating balanced, portioned meals with the help of MFP, foods that I like, shakes when I want and replacement bars when I chose because I sometimes am not able to sit and eat because I am on the fly. Goodness it is working :). I feel great and am not starving and craving at night. The scale is moving downward and I am happy. I actually feel in control. Thanks to MFP and planning a day or two prior, I am feeling satisfied. This is the first time I have felt in control of my eating in close to a year.

I am not doing anything special, just watching portions and staying within my MFP guidelines.

I am positive about this journey and want positive people who support and I can also support around me. If you are one of these people, please feel free to add me.

Happy

Replies

• Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes the process works and well done on your progress. It really is quite liberating being able to eat what you want. When I tell people I eat what I want their jaw drops to the floor as though it can't possibly be true. No special diet involved and I love it. :)