Have mfp calorie goals changed in the past few years?

Options
I starting using MFP in 2011 and am very sure I had a similar calorie goal as now for 1lb a week loss i.e 1560. But when I look back just now, it’s showing me a 1290 calorie goal? Has mfp changed in some way since then?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have been here over 4 years and I looked back to those dates and mine shows my calorie intake correctly.

Have your stats changed since then, current starting weight, activity level etc.?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The deficit to lose 0.5 pound per week is 250 Cals. Since the difference in 1560 and 1290 is around 250 Cals, it is most likely you chose a different weight loss rate this time.
  • hoops1888
    hoops1888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I definitely set it to 1lb a week and my goal was not as low as 1290, was around what it is now. The strange thing is when I look at my diary entries, it shows nearly every day as being over by 200-400 calories which doesn’t make sense because I lost weight consistently through this time. Strange. Possibly a bug or something
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I've been here for years, and there was a time when a change in the Calorie Goals would affect even previous dates. That was a bug MFP fixed around December 2014 or so. Perhaps you made a temporary rate loss change before that and it affected the previous dates?
  • hoops1888
    hoops1888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That’s a possibility. I had messed around slightly in previous years.
  • karenvandam
    karenvandam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal mysteriously changed today. It was 1800 for the last few months and now it's 1450. Nothing in my settings changed - I checked. My weight has only gone down by 7 pounds, so I didn't even hit the 10 lb. threshold. I did report weight gains for the last two weeks. Do you think it changed to account for my gain? I'm also linked to Garmin Connect - did the Garmin app take over?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    hoops1888 wrote: »
    I definitely set it to 1lb a week and my goal was not as low as 1290, was around what it is now. The strange thing is when I look at my diary entries, it shows nearly every day as being over by 200-400 calories which doesn’t make sense because I lost weight consistently through this time. Strange. Possibly a bug or something

Are you a lower starting weight this time around? It is based on your height, weight, age and goals.

You're also older, I reckon. I don't think seven years would account for it, though. You likely chose a different loss rate and you may be smaller to start, which would mean fewer calories in general.