Cottage Cheese Ideas

Options
mybutterfly63
mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
I have a tub of cottage cheese sitting in the fridge and I have no idea what to do with it!! Does anyone have any nice recipes to make something with it??

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like mine just plain but it is also good with fruit such as strawberries or peaches or tomatoes.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Insert spoon and lick
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Drain the liquids...Whiz it in a food processor with some herbs (use some of the drained liquid a little at a time to help with consistency) and make a sandwich spread. (We use to make faux benedictine with pureed cottage cheese, cucumbers, onions and a little green food coloring...you can also make faux pimiento cheese spread.) I really like sundried tomatoes and a little basil in it, and use a base for a roasted turkey sandwich.
  • melidee0706
    melidee0706 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mix with scrambled eggs or egg whites, add seasonings and veggies, cook, enjoy :)
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My quick go to protein snack or meal 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 Tb of real bacon bits. Yummy,,,
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love mine with pineapple. You can use it in lasagna.....
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Whip it up in the food processor with some cinnamon and honey (or sweetener of your choice) and top with diced apples. Almost like a tasty pudding with apple slices on it.
    My kiddos adore this as an afterschool snack.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Crab meat and a bit of black pepper, Mmmmm!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I brush a piece of crusty bread with olive oil and broil it with a tomato slice on it. When the tomato is nice and mushy, I spoon the cottage cheese on top and eat it like an open faced sandwich.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I blend it up to make a healthier mac and cheese. Little bit of cheddar and blended cottage cheese....yummy!
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet I mix it with cinnamon, vanilla essence and eat it with slices of apple.
  • 1Shellybe
    1Shellybe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is Veggie Cottage Cheese.

1/2 c. cottage cheese with lots of finely chopped, mixed veggies ( I use pampered chef chopper) and a drizzle of worcestshire sauce and sprinkle of black pepper. I use any combination of vegetables on hand, but favorites are radishes, onion, broccoli, carrots, celery, Enjoy!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Put 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on top of half an avocado and eat the two together. SO GOOD.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    -http://www.damyhealth.com/2012/03/cauliflower-pizza-bites/
    -Also I've seen recipes where you can puree it and turn it into the base for healthy protein packed pancakes.
    -Make it into a protein snack by added protein powder to it.
    - Add into smoothies.
    - Puree and add into dishes to make it more creamier.
  • 1Shellybe
    1Shellybe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is Veggie Cottage Cheese.

1/2 c. cottage cheese with lots of finely chopped, mixed veggies ( I use pampered chef chopper) and a drizzle of worcestshire sauce and sprinkle of black pepper. I use any combination of vegetables on hand, but favorites are radishes, onion, broccoli, carrots, celery, Enjoy!
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayo with tuna. Lots of protein...
  • deputysher1951
    deputysher1951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to use it as a dip. Just use some low fat wheat thins or something similar. Or, dried fruit slices. I also like it served with cantaloupe.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I put it in a blender and drink it. Seriously.
  • benwolfe65
    Options
    I haven't done this in a while but, I used to blend it with a dry onion soup mix & then use it for a dip with Zucchini chips. I just sliced up some zucchini's that had grown large and needed used.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just had it for lunch myself -- roasted red peppers (diced), black Smokehouse pepper, & 1/2 c. cottage cheese. Also, good with peaches, pineapples, berries or tomatos.