Early morning workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• 321Countdown
    321Countdown Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym at 5:30am 4 days a weeks before work for since February (and on the fifth day I still get up at 6ish and do a short 10-15 minute workout or stretch. Now, I feel like a zombie if I skip my morning workout.

Usually takes me a week or two of being consistent before it becomes habit forming!! So this is the uphill (so to speak) for me.
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:15 Monday-Friday to either go to a class (Pure Barre is my workout of choice) or run a few miles before work. It definitely takes time to get into the routine and it can be tough to get back on the routine if you take several days off, but once I get over the initial "OMG it's so early" shock I'm glad I did it! It's a great way to start the day and I love that I can get my workout in without feeling like I'm taking any time away from my family because they are asleep at that time. Stick with it and it will become old hat before long!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I like to start at 3 or 4 am
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:30 or 5am monday-friday for my workout. Try to sleep in a bit on the weekends.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I do a workout every morning at 5:30 or 6:00.
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I workout before work at 5:30 and a little later on weekends. Usually do a workout video, like kickboxing...

May I ask which one/ones? = )?

(I've been wanting to try some kickboxing --at home-- and although I've found some, any suggestions would be appreciated ✌)
  • 321Countdown
    Options
    Good morning all it’s 4:20, I’m on my way to first spin class. I’m sure I’m gonna be hurtin
  • meems251
    meems251 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 415 M-F for an hour long workout. Sat & Sun I sleep in a little but usually working out by 7 or 8am.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    I workout before work at 5:30 and a little later on weekends. Usually do a workout video, like kickboxing...

(I've been wanting to try some kickboxing --at home-- and although I've found some, any suggestions would be appreciated ✌)

Turbo Jam, TurboFire, Caribbean workout kickboxing, Billy Blanks Tae Bo...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I DID. NOT. WANNA. today when my alarm went off at 3:45. But I did anyway. Only got squats and bench done, so it will be back to the gym this afternoon for rack pulls, pull-ups, leg curls and leg extensions, and maybe 15 minutes of interval cardio.
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good morning all it’s 4:20, I’m on my way to first spin class. I’m sure I’m gonna be hurtin

How was spin class? Those classes always kick my butt!
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »

Turbo Jam, TurboFire, Caribbean workout kickboxing, Billy Blanks Tae Bo...

cool, thanks!
  • 321Countdown
    edited April 2018
    Options
    jesguinn wrote: »

How was spin class? Those classes always kick my butt!

She said a lil faster I thought WTF! She said big hill I thought I’m dying she said 2 minute sprint I think I actually did die a little!! The gratification of getting it done is well worth it though.
  • 321Countdown
    Options
    To all the early risers, I invite you to check out group Carpe Diem, we have a few members and would like to see more. This group is for the early birds that like to start their day of right!!
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love the gym early I get there 5:30/6 get my workout down showered out the door for work 7:00. I tried the gym after work just to see the difference the parking lot was 100% full and it's a giant lot vs in the morning maybe 1/4 full couldn't handle that many people so staying on the morning route.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    All winter long I hit the gym before work (6:15am) to get my daily cardio in, then lift 3-4 days per week in the evenings. Now that the weather's improved, I get my cardio by bike commuting anywhere from 3.5-10 miles each way, depending on how I feel and the weather. I'll check out your group.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Morning lifter here. At the gym from 5-6 am.