Looking for paleo friends!

Options
Hi all! A while back I followed the paleo diet and was going to the gym regularly and I was feeling really great, but like so many of us I've struggled making a permanent change. So, I fell off the wagon, but now I am climbing back on and I would love to find some friends on here to share our wins, struggles, and recipes with! I am doing paleo 6 days a week with one cheat day a week, but without being so strict that I get stressed and don't eat enough and then binge on whatever is around. (It's hard living with other people, because the junk food is still in the house!) I am currently at around 194 lbs and would like to get down to about 150 lbs. Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey I’ve been Paleo for 8 years. Feel free to friend me
  • fuegobrillante
    fuegobrillante Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What if I told you that you could lose weight, eating all the foods you like, and normal meals, with just one simple trick?

Is this going to be a lecture about fad diets?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    lol. You can probably take comfort that on paleo support forums calorie counters probably get the bizness.
  • fuegobrillante
    fuegobrillante Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to do paleo to be cool haha, I have a (thankfully mild) autoimmune condition and I am starting with transitioning to paleo for a bit so I can do the auto immune diet which is more restrictive. Also, it's not all just about losing weight - certain foods just aren't healthy so even if I can count my calories and live off cookies and pasta and still lose weight, I'm not really interested lol! So anyway, any more paleo people wanna be friends and share recipes? I'm not 100% strict but I'm still working up to it!
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm Primal (a close cousin that includes dairy), feel free to add me if you like. Have been living this way for about 20 months.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Paleo has helped me significantly with my auto-immune disease. Good luck on the journey. I like your attitude :)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am on the aip. Feel free to add me!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I love the paleo/ primal exercise ideals! the diet, well... If it meant maintaining my weight loss effortlessly, no bread for me! I would also wear a loin cloth and carry a club as well!
  • naiauhane
    naiauhane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting my AIP journey after a gap of a few years. I'd love to support and be supported.
  • TisBonnie
    TisBonnie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I’m on AIP as well.