Coffee creamer?

Options
Any suggestions for low cal coffee creamers that are not flavored?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Lower than 40 calories for 2 tablespoons of half and half?

Splash of skim milk?
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use the Silk Almond non dairy coffee creamer, usually the hazelnut flavor but I occasionally get the vanilla.
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Splash of skim milk?

Do they make a fat free half and half, do you know?

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    sgreer29 wrote: »

Splash of skim milk?

Skim milk...
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Was going to say...think it's called "milk"
  • Shannongr29
    Options
    Was going to say...think it's called "milk"

I use regular Vit D milk because skim looks blue and unless you are in a galaxy far far away, blue milk is not cool.

• mcbriar2018
    mcbriar2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try nestle coffee mate its 37 cals per serving, its my saving grace in work as actual milk makes my stomach a bit queasy. If i want to flavor it I use flavadrops quite taken with the raspberry stevia at the minute
  • Shannongr29
    Options
    try nestle coffee mate its 37 cals per serving, its my saving grace in work as actual milk makes my stomach a bit queasy. If i want to flavor it I use flavadrops quite taken with the raspberry stevia at the minute

Awesome idea!! Thank you!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of Fairlife whole milk for me. Right around 40 calories.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like whole milk, personally. :) Two tbsp of milk (30 ml) is only 18 calories. But if you're lactose-intolerant or vegan that's not a great option. Also if you don't have a fridge then coffeemate is a reasonable substitute and doesn't require refrigeration.

The list of ingredients still spooks me, but I do keep the coffeemate powder on hand for when we travel because I can't stand coffee without some sort of creamer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee-Mate
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason you don't want to use plain ole milk? Because that seems to be the most obvious answer. Maybe some more info on what you are trying to avoid or trying to get would help. Otherwise my answer is milk. :drinker:
  • funneefase
    funneefase Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream is delicious in coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1/2 and 1/2
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Splash of skim milk?

Since half-and-half consists of a mixture of milk and cream which contains between 10.5 and 18 percent milkfat, no, real half & half is not fat free.

How much creamer do you need? I only need 1/4 teaspoon of H&H for tea and 1 t for coffee. That's only 7 calories max.

I imagine faux half & half that is fat free is available, but why not just use reduced fat or skim milk?
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

Splash of skim milk?

Yes. I buy fat free half&half - 30mL for 20 calories.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    They do make fat free half and half. I use vanilla premier protein as my creamer. Works great and gives you some protein in the process. This is 4 oz of the protein shake in a large 12-16oz cup of coffee. 58 cal, 11 protein and creamy.

1baamlsfrpnq.jpg

Is it a bit sweet too? It'd be nice if I didn't have to add sugar. Like this idea.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    They do make fat free half and half. I use vanilla premier protein as my creamer. Works great and gives you some protein in the process. This is 4 oz of the protein shake in a large 12-16oz cup of coffee. 58 cal, 11 protein and creamy.

1baamlsfrpnq.jpg

Is it a bit sweet too? It'd be nice if I didn't have to add sugar. Like this idea.

It has a touch of sweetness to it. I still add a bit of Splenda but not as much as if I use regular protein powder or half and half. Sometimes I use vanilla and chocolate to make a mocha. Planning to get the caramel next.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Mine too - I actually didn't even know this stuff existed until I came to china and milk isn't as cheap or readily available as in Australia. But it really creams down your coffee - it's a life saver for me - and the one I use is only 53 KJ (not cal) in a serve. Really a 3.30pm life saver! Kills the 11am pang of hunger too with a coffee!