Fat loss very slow for a skinny fat guy and is it because of fatty liver ?

Options
2 months on 5oo deficit diet

3 -4 times strength training week

Macros 30 fats 40 carbs 30 protien

Refeeds 1-2 starting second month

Beer in 2 months - 2 small bud light cans only

Profile male in mid 30 s with body weight 165 pounds
Bmi -22.5
Height -180 cms
Resting metabolic rate -1575 cals

Current body weight- 159.17

Body fat - 25 fat starting first month
Current scan results -24.3 percent body fat

Body fat distribution is more around tummy . Android fat > gynoid fat is an indication of fatty liver ?

Only .7 percent fat loss

Fat loss very slow for a skinny fat guy and is it because of fatty liver ?

Has anybody made aggressive fat loss in 2 months having a fatty liver ?

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    2 things worth considering:
    1. Most men carry their fat around their bellies
    2. Body scans do not accurately or reliably measure body fat (or anything else)

You've lost 6 lbs in 2 months, congrats on the progress! Eat 0.8-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, follow an established strength training program, be patient. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    If your concern if being "skinny fat" why would you try to lose more weight? This is just going to put an emphasis on the skinny part. I agree with others that a recomp with an established strength program will really help you.

I personally would be trying to get to 200lbs at 5'11" at around 15-20% body fat. While attempting to put as much on my lifts as possible but I am biased towards lifting heavy *kitten*. As a reference, I am 5'9" 231lbs, around 23% body fat and laugh at BMI.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you actually been diagnosed with a fatty live?

How tight is your logging? This is the most common problem

How did you determine your deficit? Any online calculator is a statistical guess, it is possible that you need slightly less than determined. Not much, since you are actually losing at a reasonable rate.

Being at the midrange of healthy, and self-described as skinny, are you sure losing weight is what you want? Perhaps you would be happier focused on building muscle, then do a cut later?

No I have never been diagnosed. The person who did my scan told me that guys who have this much fat with some muscle are called skinny fat and also I may be having fatty liver since my Android fat to gynoid fat ratio is close to 1.3 .

My logging is under control only on rare times when I eat food which don’t have nutritional label I tend to ball park my numbers .
    Deficit was done using Tdee and some other online programs . All calculators gave me my maintenance around 2400-2500 . ( Examples:multiply body weight *15 )
    I described myself as skinny fat because of what I have read about skinny fat guys .

My primary goal is to get rid of belly fat as much as I can so that I can lean bulk to improve body muscle .
  • MassarDv
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    You don't want to reduce body weight. You are at a healthy weight. You want to recomp. Eat at maintenance and lift weights. Sloooollly, you will drop fat and gain muscle. Progress is not going to be fast. It's going to be slow. Patience is going to be needed. At your weight you don't really need to be in a deficit. It will work against muscle gains which will help change your body shape.

I highly doubt you have fatty liver if you have not received a diagnosis. The major adjustment you likely need to make is in your expectations. What kind of weight training program are you following and is it the best on for your goals?

Yes you are absolutely right . I hate going low on body weight because for my height it doesn’t look good .

Yes I don’t have fatty liver or non alcoholic fatty liver symptoms .Also today my Doctor informed me that I have a very good Bmi and told me to ignore the body fat distribution ratio. The Doctor also said that the rate at which I m losing fat is very healthy rate and hence asked me to stick to the plan if i making progress . He also added that losing body fat is difficult
  • MassarDv
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    2 things worth considering:
    1. Most men carry their fat around their bellies
    2. Body scans do not accurately or reliably measure body fat (or anything else)

You've lost 6 lbs in 2 months, congrats on the progress! Eat 0.8-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, follow an established strength training program, be patient. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Yes you are right ! The body fat scans cannot be accurate
  • MassarDv
    Options
    Okiludy wrote: »
    If your concern if being "skinny fat" why would you try to lose more weight? This is just going to put an emphasis on the skinny part. I agree with others that a recomp with an established strength program will really help you.

I personally would be trying to get to 200lbs at 5'11" at around 15-20% body fat. While attempting to put as much on my lifts as possible but I am biased towards lifting heavy *kitten*. As a reference, I am 5'9" 231lbs, around 23% body fat and laugh at BMI.

Thanks I would like to try your idea
  • MassarDv
    Options
    Thanks all for your suggestions