varying weight?

Options
i was wondering when the best time of day is for a weigh in and how often to weigh myself. usually my weight varies a lot throughout the day, and i feel like i am cheating if i weigh myself in the morning before i eat breakfast. after a medium sized meal i am about 2 lbs heavier. first of all, is this normal? and second, i have set a goal to lose two lbs per week. what should i do to make sure i can keep track of how much weight i have lost?

Replies

• LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself first thing in the morning. I agree its kinda like cheating but it will give you the most consistentency on your weight. I weigh myself a couple times a day just because it has become a habit but since I started here I only count the one in the morning towards my weight loss.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    There is so much different advice out there on this subject. Most people agree that morning is best but the important thing is that you weigh yourself the SAME time every time you weigh. Some say it motivates them to weigh every day - others think doing so does the opposite (they give up because they aren't losing to their expectations). Me - I weigh in on Monday morning - once a week! Good luck!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i don't think it's cheating to weigh yourself in the morning before you eat because that's the weight of you yourself without the weight of the food you just took in. i wake up in the morning, potty to lose that little bit of weight and then weigh myself. everyday that's my routine.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    weight varies through out the day, and day to day. some folks like to watch their weight and will weigh daily. others find they can just drive themselves nuts when they weigh often. i only log my weight once a week, but do check it more often to report to a couple of groups i belong to here. and i agree, you want your weight- not how much the baked potato & salad weighed.

because i began dieting on a wednesday, i always weigh on wednesday.
    i pop out of bed, into the bathroom, slide on my swimsuit (morning water aerobics) and step on the scale. then finish dressing & have breakfast before heading to the pool. so, essentially the same time and outfit every week.

i am on a couple of different threads that weigh-in on friday or monday. so, i do weigh those mornings, too. but my weigh-in on wednesdays are the only day i change my check-in number for my ticker.