Crossfit or Cycling or....?

neesa11
neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
edited April 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Guys!

I am looking for some advice, but first some background info :) I have been doing crossfit/weight lifting for about 12 years. I recently had to take some months off (Since June 2017) because I also do Jiujitsu and dislocated my rib.

I've gained about 40lbs which I guess makes sense since I have been not working out at all. I started trying to get back in shape slowly by starting the body boss method in February. I am about halfway through the program, but I haven't lost any weight at all. I've been eating moderately well, but I am definitely going to try tracking my food more consistently.

I am considering starting back on crossfit I know I have lost most of my muscle mass that I usually have and perhaps that is why I haven't really lost any weight, but I recently have tried out some cycling classes using classpass and they were pretty fun too.

So my question is are there any members that do both crossfit and cycling or lost a lot of weight cycling?

Edit: Crossfit and Cycling are pretty expensive so the point of this post is to talk to people with experience in both crossfit and cycling class and which they prefer

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    There is nothing to say you have to limit yourself to one activity. Choose what you enjoy. I CrossFit 5-6 days a week, but I also lift weights and run because those are things I like to do. The weight loss will come with better accuracy in weighing/tracking your food.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    I agree with MK.
    Do what you find FUN!
    If you do fun, you will stick with it and the health will come.
    If fun is a few days a week of Crossfit and a few of cycling, you'll probably make progress in each a bit more slowly than otherwise. But you'll make progress.
    If you choose one over the other, you make faster progress in what you chose -- though you won't be doing the other.
    Personally, I like to mix things up. That's one of the reasons I like Crossfit; it's a different work-out routine every time.
    I run. I play tennis. I cycle. I do Crossfit. I lift.
    I know that my tennis suffers because of my running and lifting. I have few days off, and that means when I get in a long, tough match I don't have the reserves of my opponents. But I am okay with that. I like running too much. I enjoy time in the gym feeling strong.