Plus Size Workout Gear

Options
2»

Replies

• SmurfBunny3
    SmurfBunny3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been considering getting some workout clothes for a while now. Just ordered a pair of those pants to try them out. Never would have considered Old Navy. Surprised by all of you raving about them in here!
  • JorrunFulhelm
    JorrunFulhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Old Navy isn't bad, I have had a GREAT experience with Fabletics. I was skeptical about even trying them because I didn't think they would have anything for my size, but I was wrong. I love their compression shorts so much! They also have leggings as well (everything comes up really high waisted) they even stay put during Zumba and other intense cardio! Best of Luck!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Re: Old Navy - some of the leggings even include real pockets large enough to hold a smartphone...

Whaaaat? Why would I ever wear pants again?! :)

You would think their marketing and sales team would notice that they always have 5 star ratings and sell out and request that they carry more of them.

I have last year's model of these ones. Only difference is mine are navy blue...

https://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=1031033&pcid=1031032&vid=1&pid=138731003
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Leggings that are made out of the compression style material... I am not overweight but I have a big butt and if I wear anything besides the compression leggings when I run, my butt bounces all over the place. Its awkward. I feel a little uncomfortable in the super tight pants but I can’t wear anything else!

ETA I also like old navy. I have been having terrible terrible luck with their regular clothes but I do like their active wear.
  • LzzyBrdn
    LzzyBrdn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!

I think half the issue was my refusal to buy new pants every time I drop a size, but the other issue being there is so much movement when I'm working out that my pants can't help but want to take the path of least resistance.

I grabbed a new pair from walmart quick the other day and still ran into the same issue with the smaller size (high waisted capri compression leggings) so I'll definitely check into Old Navy!
  • michelleRKdavidson
    michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do agree with some of the others that posted HIGH WAIST is the key to my workout pants fitting right and not rolling down so bad. And I like to wear a longer tank under any top I wear becuase I don't like my shirt riding up and my momma belly showing and if my pants do roll down a bit the tank helps cover that until I can readjust ;-)
    I actually have found I like the Avia brand from Walmart, but it sounds like I need to take a trip to Old Navy! LOL!
    Good luck on your first run!