Frustrated.....What am I doing Wrong??

Options
13»

Replies

• michelleRKdavidson
    michelleRKdavidson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a post ready to send when I realized I skipped over the most important piece of information you gave us in your original post. YOU ARE DIABETIC! I think you need to consult your doctor if you haven't already and ask him/her to help you come up with a safe, productive game plan for your weight loss goals. There may be some key information to your diet plan that you are missing because of how your body processes sugar. I am not diabetic so I don't know much about it besides controling your sugar. So my advise is to not give up but consult someone who can help you with what your body needs to help you lose the weight you want to shed while keeping your body healthy as well.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • omdemelo
    omdemelo Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have consulted my Dr. becuz ppl had brought it to my attention and I thought I would take their advise and just to make sure the route I was going was ok....he said if ur sugar levels are ok without ur med then do not take them but to make sure I keep an eye on them....if I was taking them my sugar levels would drop to a dangerous number I am keeping a record so my next visit which I will do in a mths time I can show him .....I have heard before that u can kick this so I am hoping that with this life style it could be the case for me....I was a huge carb and sugar addicted and the prof is in my blood levels. I use to be that person who could eat a whole bag of Smart Cheese Popcorn or Lays chips a nite but I don't have the craving to eat after 9 like i use to and if I do its a jell-o or some olives with pickles. OMG with this program I truly don't want to! Now keep in mind I am saying this now and I hope yrs to come I can say the same thing!
  • omdemelo
    omdemelo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    P.S. I have to thank myfitnesspal to, if it wasn't for this app I would be loss, I would have no idea where my macros where!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I think of this in order of importance.

1. Caloric Intake
    2. Exercise
    3. Macros - Protein/Carbs/Fats
    4. Genetics

First priority will always be calories and ensuring you are in deficit. For weight it doesn't matter what you eat, but how many calories are in it. Calories dense foods tend to be the culprits as they are simply easier to eat, but everyone is different. I can easily burn through a bag of chips, but savor good chocolate.

Diabetes is a complication, but as long as your meds/sugar levels are in check you should be fine. As many others have experienced once your weight is managed your other issues should minimize or be eliminated.

You are definitely on the right track and I see several MFP vets giving you some great advice. I've been on this site for 3.5 years now and lost ~60 lbs fat and gained ~20 lbs of muscle over this time.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Honestly 1200 calories sounds too low. I found that when I have a bigger breakfast, I’m not hungry in the evenings, when I skip breakfast. I’m hungry like a freaking savage in the evenings and the cravings are harder to control. Also, your protein intake should be a bit higher and don’t cut out the carbs, just eat the right carbs. I always thought that eating sub 2000 calories would help me lose weight but I have found that I should be eating around 3000 calories to be healthy

Why should I eat 3000 calories to be “healthy” or lose weight?

You noticed that this poster is a large, male weightlifter, right? His stats don't have anything to do with yours. He was speaking to his own experience in attempting to eat at too low of a calorie deficit *for him*.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congratulations first of all on your weight loss, and second for your reduced need for medication.

I think your water weight is going to shift up and down quite a bit because you are controlling carb intake so aggressively. So don’t take individual scale results personally.

Continue to monitor your blood sugars carefully and adjust as needed.

Find a weight graphing software like weightgrapher and follow the trend line. That is more gratifying than the daily water weight fluctuations.
  • mikecurious123
    mikecurious123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its definitely different for guys than girls. But what has worked for me, and didnt really think it would make a differnce. Is fast first portion of the day and not every day, exercise with weights vs cardio, cardio should not be the main part of your workout, but added at the end of your workout. GL