Meal prepping the sweet potato

abcdcm143
abcdcm143 Posts: 933 Member
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to cook a big batch for meal prepping. Ideally I liked my final product to be cubed and last all week. Right now I'm roasting them and they turn slimey and brownish on the edges. Are you having better luck with a different method?

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Are you roasting them on a tray or in aluminum foil?

I find roasting them out on a cookie sheet, they turn crisp like fries but aren't great for storage.

In roasted in aluminum foil, the cubed sweet potatoes carmelize and turn browner at the edges and I store those for 5 days fine. They are soft but definitely not slimy.
  • abcdcm143
    abcdcm143 Posts: 933 Member
    Good tip. I'm just doing them on the sheet. I'll try foil instead!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    So you put them in a little packet of aluminum? I'm going to try that next time.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Yep, I stick them in a aluminum foil boat and roll the edges over each other to seal it shut. Usually toss in a clove of garlic or two because roasted garlic is great.
    Be careful when opening them because hot steam comes out.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I cut mine in half vertically and roast them face down on foil that is sprayed with a little cooking spray. I cook them at 375 for 40 minutes. They come out perfectly. It's easy to peel of the skin and chop if that's how you like them. I usually just package up the halves in my lunch and eat them that way (skin and all--it's delicious). They caramelize really nicely and are really sweet!
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    I cook them whole in the slow cooker
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    I cut up. Toss in a few chicken breasts some water and spices and cook on low (slow cooker)
  • staceywalters76
    staceywalters76 Posts: 3 Member
    My sweet potato always come out perfect wrapped in foil. I love them.