Why do some people like weight loss and someone doesn't?

Options
2»

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think it comes from their own insecurity and unwillingness to become healthier. Your losing weight makes it hard for them to continue ignoring their own issues. Just do what you and your doctor think is right.

Bingo.

Most of these people are also unhealthy/over weight so if you improve yourself and they don't it just makes them feel worse about themselves, and people don't want to admit THEY have a problem, so YOU must be the problem.

It's a reflection on them, not you. Just keep doing what you need to do in order to live a long, happy, healthy life!
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Because everyone has a different idea of what is "right" or "normal" in thier own heads, and being different from that is worrisome to them.

And as the west has gotten fatter, people's idea of healthy has gotten fatter too. There are a whole lot of studies that show that.

Look at a photo from the 50s-70s and see how skinny people used to be.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the comments have come from overweight or obese people??

I think the reason you are getting this treatment is because it often makes people take a look at themselves and their lifestyles and they don't want to face what they should be fixing. They aren't ready like you yet.

I know its very hard to ignore their comments but just worry about you and your goals.