What have been some of the positive or negative from hitting your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Everything has been great except for the odd rude comment sometimes. They don't usually bother me, but sometimes they get under my skin. Most recently someone said "wow. You've lost a ton of weight recently" I told her it's been over the course of 9 months and thank you. She replied "well most of it must have been recent because now you're super tiny ". I just said thanks again and told her it's probably more noticeable because I now wear clothing that fits, instead of hiding under baggy sweatshirts and jeans that are too big. She says "well you can't hide your face. You're too skinny, you look sick now." For the record, not too skinny. I'm right in the middle of a healthy BMI. I was kind of dumbfounded at her response. I would never, ever say something like that about anyone's appearance. Not my place to comment!
    So I guess the fact that people feel they have free reign to comment on my looks now is a negative aspect.

I do agree on the comments. I do noticed how at first I kept getting positive comments like "wow, you are doing great" and my Goal Weight is at my higher BMI for normal category. However, now the comments have been changing to "you should stop losing weight" or " your skinny enough why continue". These comments are the ones I have been getting more and more the closer I get to my goal. I am guessing because all of my friends and family have only seen me at my highest weight and are not used to seeing a thinner version of me. Seem like a downer.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    cabanners wrote: »
    I'm not at goal weight, yet, but I've lost 36 lbs (14 pounds to go!) so I've experienced a pretty big change in my appearance over the past year--and other people have noticed too.

Positives: I feel better physically, I have more energy, I feel a bit more confident/sexy, my clothes fit better, working out is a lot easier, and I feel a sense of accomplishment.

Negatives: The closer I get to goal, the more I realize that I STILL won't be completely happy with my body. I have a lot of excess skin on my stomach from childbearing and the more I lose, the saggier it gets. I thought I was unhappy when it was a round belly, but now that it's just saggy, I feel just as badly about it. So, that's very disappointing that I'll still have that issue.

Also, people have begun to make comments like, "You don't need to lose any more weight...you're tiny already, you need to eat more!...if you lose more, you'll disappear" And yes, these comments are often from larger people and I have to question why they feel that way.

Finally, another negative is feeling fear that I will gain it all back and be embarrassed that I "couldn't do it". It's an enormous amount of pressure to keep going and not gain weight. So, often I don't feel like I can fully enjoy holidays, parties, events, etc. for having to be careful of every single bite. Losing weight has been much more a mental/emotional battle over a physical one.

I didn't get negative feed back when i was just starting to lose but I do agree that now that I am closer to my goal weight I keep getting the comments to stop losing weight. I am not yet where i want to be so those constant comments do put you off. I keep wanting to hear the stories of others so that I can keep motivated. There is always the good and the bad. Thank you.
  • MrSJWinship
    MrSJWinship Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As my Butt Shrinks sitting is not anywhere near as comfortable. But at least I am not worried if the chair will hold me, so thats nice lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!