Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    how about women stop taking selfies from up high looking down, find pictures that actually look like you. Unless you are 5' or less we will not see you from that angle, so just done

I'm shorter than that. Do i get a pass?

yes... as long as there is at least one straight on, like you profile pic!

Dude. You're pretty damn serious about girls' picture angles aren't you?

Lol... My friend has burned dozens of guys using angles that flatter her, to the point the pics don't really look like her. I can just imagine being in their shoes when it finally comes to meeting face to face. I would not want that done to me! The easy solution, use pics that actually look like you.

That is why you can video people before you meet LOL
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    how about women stop taking selfies from up high looking down, find pictures that actually look like you. Unless you are 5' or less we will not see you from that angle, so just done

Lol... My friend has burned dozens of guys using angles that flatter her, to the point the pics don't really look like her. I can just imagine being in their shoes when it finally comes to meeting face to face. I would not want that done to me! The easy solution, use pics that actually look like you.

That is why you can video people before you meet LOL

wqq9pdc3zy1b.jpg

I have video'd with many friends on here that I have met
    Why couldn't it be the same thing for people before a date?
    I am not even in the dating world anymore but best believe. I googled/fb a person before I met them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Completely agree. If you don't use pictures that look like yourself the person you meet if going to feel lied to. Not a good way to begin.

This is something I've (half-jokingly) argued over with friends since 1999. Most of my girlfriends want to use their from-above, looking ten years younger and forty pounds thinner photos, for everything. I have always been a fan of photos that look how I actually look so no one is like "ugh, woof" when they actually meet me. I always told guys I met online that I was over 200 lb (when I was) instead of being like "curvy body type, a few extra lb" and then have them be shocked & disappointed. I seriously believe this is a major part of why I've never had a truly bad online dating/meeting.

It is kind of funny honestly because I've been in a group of friends and someone who hasn't seen all of us EXCEPT on social media will often say "you're the only one I recognize" or "you look great!" because the rest are posting these weird and/or crazily filtered photos. One friend was sent a bunch of concerned emails when she posted a cleverly posed picture that made her torso look more narrow than her head (she's not thin)...it's funny!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What if they look even better than the photos? Bonus...

I feel like most people usually do..

If they use "real photos", I tend to agree. Usually better or the same
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I found one profile where the guy said he wanted to "Punch the gays." Really? REALLY? Not only is that awful, that was literally the whole sentence.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

I feel like mannerisms and how a person presents and carries themselves has almost everything to do with attraction, that is something you just can't see in a photo.. so you take a chance and see what you feel when your chemistry mingles.
    Having said that I can see how frustrating it would be to meet someone who's photos you've seen are from 15 years ago and not an accurate representation of them now.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I feel like mannerisms and how a person presents and carries themselves has almost everything to do with attraction, that is something you just can't see in a photo.. so you take a chance and see what you feel when your chemistry mingles.
    Having said that I can see how frustrating it would be to meet someone who's photos you've seen are from 15 years ago and not an accurate representation of them now.

so true. this is why I appreciate when people send vids or video chat (although I hate it), you can see and hear things that make them much more special I guess you can say.

I agree so much about mannerisms, voice, etc, being a huge part of attraction and even attractiveness for that matter. I had a group of ladies I talked to online for more than a decade, from iVillage (anyone remember that website?! ha) , and a couple of years ago we all shared short videos of ourselves. Some of the women who looked the most confident & put together seemed shy or overly serious while others who seemed more standoffish and maybe not the prettier ones of the group, came across very funny, lively and confident in videos.

• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Group pictures! So many issues with the group pictures especially when it's even the profile picture. What one are you?? Yes i can see your popular, that you seem to regularly enjoy nights of getting wasted with your mates, all of which are extremely good looking. Apart from one. That's you isn't it?

I always wondered if they got consent from the other people in the group pics. I wouldn't be okay with being a part of someone's dating profile.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    First message I got was a pic of their diick. I mean some weren’t even maintained! Lol the least they could do is trim before sending without knowing their name.

Also, not a fan of pics with kids. Leave the kiddos out of it. There’s major creeps out there.

LMFAO! I've gotten the same... like wtf... no one wants to see a small ugly mushroom in a field of pubes! Barf! FYI creepy dick pic sending dudes-you can see more tree with less leaves! Try glamming it up at bit at the least if you insist on being disgusting.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    What are some things that you find funny/inappropriate/rude to include in a profile?

My Ashley Madison profile got deleted, so I created this one.

• MarkSBarber
    MarkSBarber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    These tips are amazing thanks! I'm going to go edit my profile right now
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Profiles on apps that have a fee for messaging that state that they won't pay so they can't message or that break up their email in a sentence for someone to contact them directly outside the app. I'm not sure what the first is trying to accomplish - do they only want those with super cyber sleath skills that can search their photos, find them on fb/insta and reach out that way? The second - just cheap. If you can't afford it go to a free app.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    DanR_85 wrote: »
    You don't want to mess about or sleep together on the first date ? Is that another joke ? You hate dating sites, really? That would explain why your using one.....

Uhh, unless I've misunderstood what you're getting at here...are you saying you'd be disappointed with a man who didn't want sex on the first date?

I mean I wouldn't advertise it on a dating profile, but I'd rather not go straight to bed with somebody I just met. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I just like the idea of building up to it a little.

:D:D:D