Clicking in hip

Options
Whenever I do certain exercises such as an ab exercise where you lift both your legs up in the air and lower them back to the floor, I feel this clicking right in my hip. Does anyone else experience this? Is it simply something I can solve through stretching or does it have to do with anatomy?

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/snapping-hip/

This sound like what you mean? I have the same thing and haven’t figured out a way to stop it other than avoiding the movements causing it.
  • digidoomed
    digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
    Options

This sound like what you mean? I have the same thing and haven’t figured out a way to stop it other than avoiding the movements causing it.

Yes thats it. It's not like it hurts or anything, I'm just not sure if I should be worried about it
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    digidoomed wrote: »

Yes thats it. It's not like it hurts or anything, I'm just not sure if I should be worried about it

Letting it pop too frequently will often cause it to become irritated and inflamed because it is rubbing over a bony spot. It's also possible to cause a tear if the spot is rough or poorly shaped. It is best to get it checked out and maybe some PT figure out the best ways to work around it.
  • jnapier44077
    jnapier44077 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have this too in both hips when doing certain ab and leg lifts. I assumed it was from sitting all day and tight muscles but I'm not sure what stretches to use. Can't really afford a PT visit right now.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have it in my left leg... i notice it particularly during ab workouts... it doesn't hurt... but the sound triggers some kind of psychosomatic reaction where i don't feel well. I can't stand it.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    The feeling really grosses me out. It doesn't hurt, but my hip will get sore if I overdo it by running. I don't usually feel the snapping when I'm running but there must be some rubbing of the IT band in my hip area. For me stretching helps keep it from being painful to run.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Had it in my right hip for over 25 years, went to see a couple of physio but none were able to help with it. Don't bother me now, but i sometimes feels like i need to do it, kind of releasing some tension
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's your hip reflexors, I have the exact same problem. Leg raises make both hips click and its very uncomfortable. If I add in too many squats during my weekly excersise it makes it even worse. So I cut down which helped. I was advised to take Glucosamine Sulphate and olive oil. Tried the glucosamine but not been the recommended 3 months yet to notice any difference. Plus the capsules are quite large so I don't like taking them. Just an idea for you.
  • girlreadingbook
    girlreadingbook Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What’s your age, if you don’t mind my asking
  • vesta1986
    vesta1986 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had both of my hips snapping 5 years back and rather painful, too. Stretching and exercises helped to reduce that a lot. Now it is barely noticeable and when i do notice, i stretch again :smile: