Can i lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks?

Options
I have lost weight before, but never on a time frame. I have an event in late june where i’ll be in a form fitting dress, and i’ve wanted to lose these last 10 for a long time. From those with experience.... is 10 in 10 weeks doable? Thanks

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Maybe, but if you're are only about 10 lbs off, it would probably require a less than healthy, very low calorie diet, and not be particularly sustainable. I think if you are already pretty close to your goal weight the recommendation is to try for half pound a week.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Just go on a sensible weight loss plan being sure to include potassium rich foods and whatever you lose in that time I am sure you will still be stunning. The potassium will help regulate your water retention.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It’s doable, but not really recommended for your final ten pounds. Half a pound a week is a better rate to aim for to help you retain muscle as you lose, since your fat stores aren’t as great as someone with 30 pounds to lose.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    gillrushhh wrote: »
    I have lost weight before, but never on a time frame. I have an event in late june where i’ll be in a form fitting dress, and i’ve wanted to lose these last 10 for a long time. From those with experience.... is 10 in 10 weeks doable? Thanks

Check out my food and exercise diary - I had over 25 lbs to lose and I'm already down 15 lb after 11 weeks.