does eating less make anybody else gain more on the scale?

Options
i know that scales are not important but I started to really track my calories and I am trying to figure out what I am gaining weight instead of losing?
For an example today I had 2 cups of coffees with 4 teaspoons of sucralose (artificial sweetener) in total. i drank almost 2 liters of water. I had 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with seeds, protein powder, blueberries and pbfit. Then I had a protein shake with almond milk. For dinner I had 4 1/2 oz of chicken tenderloins with a salad and asparagus. Then for dessert, I had about 3 slices of pineapple!
Am I eating too much? Too little? I do not understand!
A few days ago I weighed 4 pounds less and I am not lifting weights at the moment either.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. That being said if you're not dropping over time there's something wrong with your logging. Weight everything for a month at least at a reasonable deficit, and see where you are at the end of it.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    i know that scales are not important but I started to really track my calories and I am trying to figure out what I am gaining weight instead of losing?
    For an example today I had 2 cups of coffees with 4 teaspoons of sucralose (artificial sweetener) in total. i drank almost 2 liters of water. I had 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with seeds, protein powder, blueberries and pbfit. Then I had a protein shake with almond milk. For dinner I had 4 1/2 oz of chicken tenderloins with a salad and asparagus. Then for dessert, I had about 3 slices of pineapple!
    A few days ago I weighed 4 pounds less and I am not lifting weights at the moment either.

You drank a lot of water. 2 Liters is what...4 pounds?
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Kst76 wrote: »

If you go from zero water one day to 2ltrs the next your body will hold onto a lot of that water thus showing a weight gain. If you then regularly consume 2ltrs it will adapt and know it doesn't need to store water for times of drought.

Also sodium consumption can be a factor too. Large variances in day to day sodium consumed can also cause swings with water retention.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    30kgin2017 wrote: »
    Kst76 wrote: »

If you go from zero water one day to 2ltrs the next your body will hold onto a lot of that water thus showing a weight gain. If you then regularly consume 2ltrs it will adapt and know it doesn't need to store water for times of drought.

Also sodium consumption can be a factor too. Large variances in day to day sodium consumed can also cause swings with water retention.

Got you!