Work fun?

Options
TomFit18
TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
So is your job fun, boring? Does time go slow or move right along?

Replies

• Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Fun, and move right along
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good! A few of us try to make it fun!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Mine's pretty bipolar. Sometimes it's all fun and games and you're ahead of schedules, other times it can be a panicky mess. Now, the clock's ticking way too slow. Hence the slacking :smiley:
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well can be half and half depending on the volume of work but generally boring which means slow
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn't say "fun", but interesting works. Time flies when I have sufficient work, drags when I don't.

I have a pretty cushy job as well, so I am super lucky. I can easily workout on work time most weeks and have very little stress related to my job.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Mine sucks. I took it for the money. It's stressful, but the money's good. I loved my old job, but they paid for shlt. Oh well.
    nv79riiicbp2.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    depends on the time of year. we have times when we're crazy busy and everyone is in a panic and times when there's not much going on except thumb twiddling.
  • norabeezy2017
    norabeezy2017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Depends - I work in development for a nonprofit. If we have a campaign running or I'm planning an event it's great. But on days like today I feel like I've been here 84 years.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Boring working with all men and listening to AM station all day definitely does not help
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It's the right balance for me. Best job I've had.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If you don't like what you do quit. No one is forcing you to go or stay so find something you love so its not like going to work. Everyone might not be lucky enough to find their dream job but you won't know unless you have the courage to try new things. You might have a job that you loved at first but after 10 years maybe your opinions or desires have changed. Quit and find a new adventure. Live within your means so a job wont tie you down based on salary alone.

After that long rant, I love my job. I run a natural gas combined cycle power plant and I get to see and work with cool things everyday that most people will never get to see.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Challenging and rewarding.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Although I love what I do, unfortunately my office enviroment is very quiet and boring! It sucks.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My job is fast paced, interesting and pays well. Unfortunately, I'm not doing anything close to what I'm good at and what I want to do with my life.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I’m in sales. It can be stressful, but I worked outside before this for 18 years, so no complaints
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I love my job and the people I work with even more... we laugh... we fight... we prank one another. It's a great place to be everyday!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Mostly fun. Some days my kiddos are better than others, and the rough days can be completely exhausting.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    My job is fun in that I get to make things for other people, buuuuuut.. it's extremely isolating since I work for/by myself and rarely see sunlight.