Yoghurt

Options
2»

Replies

• HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Kirkland fat free Greek yogurt. I put a little Splenda in it w some granola for an evening snack.
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite. Only 7g of sugar, 12g of protein, 80 calories. I can usually get them on sale, two 4 packs for $7.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I can't find a pack of yoghurt that aren't just full of sugar. I would love to get like a 6 pack kind of thing but I can't find any that are healthy. Any suggestions? Is yoghurt good or bad for you?

Plain siggi or Fage or the store brand (TJ's plain greek yogurt is fine).

I've never had a problem finding yogurt without sugar added, never seen a plain one with sugar added. Are you sure you aren't thinking that the sugar inherently in yogurt (because it's made from milk) is added? Yogurt is healthy (IMO) and sugar is not evil.
  • lukeruss
    lukeruss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I dont know where you are but in Australia we have a new one called Danone Yopro which is very tasty no added sugar or artificial sweeteners
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Did anybody answer OP's other question?

Yes, yoghurt is good for you unless you have an allergy to milk. Yoghurt is a fermented milk product and the organizms which do the fermenting should have already eaten all the lactose in the milk, but there may be a little more.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Triple Zero

No fat, no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners (not that there's anything wrong with any of those things).
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Dannon Oikos Triple Zero

No fat, no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners (not that there's anything wrong with any of those things).

my fav
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0%. It’s good with fruit and as a sour cream sub.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Another vote for aldi Greek yogurt. I weigh out 150g from the big tub then add fruit and 5g runny honey. Sometimes I add some almond nut butter.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I love 0% Fage. I'm eating Yoplait right now because I'm trying to save money and it tastes like trash
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    bstaxp wrote: »
    Aldi's has low cost and delicious plain greek and non-greek, full-fat and no-fat yogurts, as well as a great vanilla non-fat "lite-n-fit" knock off - yum! (I cut the non-fat greek vanilla with non-fat greek plain to reduce the sweetness). Pretty sure all of them are around 6g carbs (sugar) likely all from the natural milk sugar (lactose). Tasty and economical!

I agree, Aldi has great plain Greek yogurt! I can eat it plain, which isn't the case with other yogurts. My friend really likes the Lavva brand yogurt, which may be dairy free if you're into that. Apparently it's lower in sugar than most.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I like the full fat yogurt. I think it tastes better. It helps me meet me macro goals a bit better. I believe in eating what I want/ like in moderation.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    They don't come in packs but I love Siggis.