What time of day do you workout?

Options
My schedule is weird as I work from home and find nights to be my friend so although I am.up at 715am to take my son to school and feed the horses I am back into bed till about 11am. I go to bed most nights/mornings at 2-3 am
So I end up at gym by about 1pm

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you go to the gym.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    usually in the morning, but it's really just whenever I can fit into my day
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. Sometimes that's at 6am, sometimes it's at 6pm... or anywhere in between. I don't have the luxury of planning out my days that reliably, so I just try to take advantage when time becomes available.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    After work, 4:45ish
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends...mostly seasonal.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I work out at night after the kids are in bed. Usually around 9:30.
  • JaiRocket
    JaiRocket Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If I don't go before work I've found I don't go. So I'm at the gym by 5:30am at least 4 days a week. That was quite the adjustment for this non-morning person.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Mid afternoon between 3 and PM, with the exception of Yoga that is a 9AM class.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person, and it's still tough some days to be excited at 445 when the alarm goes off. But I still get up and go to the gym - it works best for me when I get it done before work, because there's so many other things I'd rather do with my after work daylight hours.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I work from home 8-5 so I could do it anytime, but I like to get it done so I workout 5 a.m.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I drag myself out of bed at 4:45am and try to start my workout by 5:15am about three days a week, then one day on the weekend I'll do my workout mid-morning or whenever there is time. I started that about two years ago and found that if I get it done before everyone else is up and around then nobody bothers me and I can be more consistent. Not always fun getting up that early but it does make it easier to get things done.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym whenever I have time, Weekdays it's at lunch, weekends it's usually whenever I wake up, but i've got as late as 7pm on the weekends because it doesn't matter what time you go to the gym.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    On days I do yoga at home, I typically get up at 0430 so that the kids aren't up yet to interfere. On Monday and Thursday, I go to the gym in the afternoon after work bc I like the class they have at that time. Saturday, I go to the gym in the morning for the same reason. Tuesdays and Fridays I hit the trail in the afternoon on the way home from work. So, I basically just workout whenever/wherever it's most desirable/convenient at the time.
    The best time to workout is the time when you will do it, and the best workout sequence is also the one you will do.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Rose18l wrote: »

The OP didn't ask when was the best time to go to the gym. The title of the posting is "what time of the day you workout."

• shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings 3 weekdays and 2 evenings and on the weekends it just depends
  • Smallville127
    Smallville127 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Rose18l wrote: »

I know...just wondering when others went.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I get my run done after dropping the kids off at school. Usually, around 8 am. I like doing it early because then I can shower and go on with my day. I always feel better afterwards even if I don’t feel like doing it. Some mornings are a real battle to do it, but I tell myself just to start and see how I feel once I’ve started. I’ve never quit after starting!
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I exercise on weekdays in the late afternoon, sometimes late into the evening (like 7-8 p.m.) Weekends or days off I wake up around 6:40-7:00 in the morning and finish my workout at 9 in the morning.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    After work. I'm a late person, and find that my energy builds thru the day. Like working out when I feel the most energetic and thats around 4:30 to 6 in evening.