So Cross with myself

Options
caroline_mason42
caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
edited April 2018 in Getting Started
So here I am again - I started with MFP and did so well losing 15.5lb in 5 weeks - and then I had a second surgery - cut out pretty much the exercise, started drinking again during the week and hey presto in just 8 weeks I have put almost all of the weight back on - I am so cross with myself, if I had just stuck to logging my food I maybe would not have lost but I would not be starting over - I really need to succeed this time, anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It happens, so time to get back into action and get losing again. You did it before, you can do it again and this time learn from it. Once you get to your goal it still takes being on top of things for re-gain not to happen again.

So this time, keep logging.

All the best.
  • caroline_mason42
    Options
    Thank you - it is the logging that keeps me honest as soon as I stop that I start to overeat so definitly need to get back to logging every day :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You should measure yourself as the scale isn't a good indicator.

Don't beat yourself up. 7 lbs could be due to drinking a bunch of water, not bathrooming, and even your clothes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You should measure yourself as the scale isn't a good indicator.

Don't beat yourself up. 7 lbs could be due to drinking a bunch of water, not bathrooming, and even your clothes.

This plus, you've had surgery that can also cause swelling/fluid retention. Yes some of it probably is fat if you haven't been tracking and you've been drinking some calories, but maybe don't freak out just yet and just get back to it.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just think had you not put all the work in a few months back, you would now be 15.5lbs heavier than you were initially ..... so its not all bad, it wasnt a waste of time, you are already ahead of the game having dropped that weight a while back.

This time though you know what to do and how to do it, so dropping that weight again should be easier
  • caroline_mason42
    Options
    So the first 5lb of the weight off last week, tracking honestly and exercising this week will hopefully help another 2 - 3lbs then I just need to stick with it :-) - thank you all