Good news for a change!!

Options

I just seen my PCP for a 6 month follow up appointment and it went really well! My total cholesterol was down to 156 (I have always had pretty good cholesterol numbers - as long as I take my medication) but this time he said it was phenomenal! My A1C was down from 8 to 7.2; he said the goal is to be below 7. He said he could start me on another medication to help bring it down or we could wait and check it again in 3 months and if it's down then great but if its the same or went up then he will start me on another medication in addition to my Farxiga. I also talked to him about the carbs; I told him after going to the diabetes classes last week that I was so confused over how many carbs I should have per day and told him how the lady freaked out when I told her I was eating less than 40 carbs per day. He basically said "if its not broke don't fix it"; he said if you are doing well following the 40 carbs or less per day and you aren't having any low blood sugars then just keep doing what you are doing; but he said if I start having problems then we would have to talk about increasing my carb intake. So I am very pleased on how well my follow up appointment went and that just motivates me more to do even better and stay on track so I can get my numbers down on my own and not have to be put on any additional medication! My goal is to get off of my meds not to add more!! So keep those prayers coming my way! Thanks!!

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I saw my doctor too along with labs and my AIc went from 8.5 to 7.1. Being a type1 mfp has been good for me . Have been logging my 1400 calorie diet since november. My labs were good with a 141 cholesteral but never had much of a problem there.
    I bet you could get below a 7 no problem. Losing excess weight also helps all the way around and my doctors are happy because I am managing myself :)