First running shoes, bad fit?

Options
2»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Good points. You can certainly ask you store about prior year models, and they may have some remaining.

Just talk to them about budget. If you're going for the big brands then you do add a premium for the logo, but if they know the constraint then they can help with a solution.

Personally I run in Inov-8, so generally much cheaper for a comparable quality shoe.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    how much were your shoes at the running store by chance? I'm getting a fitting done this weekend and would love to know what price point i'm looking at

Whenever I replace my running shoes, I expect to spend 150 - 200 for a new pair. I exclusively run in Nike because they are the only brand I have found that has a cushioned toe and a light heel. I run on my toes/ balls of my feet so I don't want a heavy or clunky heel.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from Saucony Hurricanes (which I loved, but I wear a very early model and they're impossible to find now) to the Brooks Ravenna 8. They did take a little bit of getting used to. I had to learn not to tie the laces as tightly as I did with my Saucony's, but I've been very impressed with them. I didn't just pick them off the shelf. I had a gait analysis done and tried four different shoes. It was a toss up between the Brooks and the Saucony, and no one was more surprised than me, that I actually preferred the Brooks. I've ALWAYS worn Saucony.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I have narrow feet, normal arches and I am very knocked knees. I love Asics and Saucony. I hate Brooks.

What don't you like about Brooks?

I hate Brooks too. I have tried on several pairs over the years. They just do not fit my feet right. Different sizes and styles all feel tight on the top of my foot while loose in the toe. Saucony is my go to shoe now.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    There are a number of different ways to you lace your runners, oriented at ensuring they fit to your shape of foot. For instance, I lace for rear foot snugness. I'd suggest looking at Running Shoe Lacing Guides and following the descriptions of what you are feeling and trying and alternate way of lacing.