Question on garmin vivoheart???

1340 steps just around the house, not exercise and it’s giving me 252 calories??? Seems a little crazy. I have a garmin vivoheart and I wear it all the time. Then when I exercise I do use the activity feature and then can end up with an extra 2500 calories at the end of day. How do I fix this problem?

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Unsync your Garmin account from MFP and add exercise manually.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Of course, I can't remember how I did it, but my Garmin only syncs activities. So, no extra calories for a 20,000 step day, unless I made a walk somewhere in there an activity.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Hmmm, I have the Vivofit 2 (no HR monitor) and it is really accurate. I usually walk around 8,000 - 10,000 a day and get around 125 extra calories for that. I wonder if the HR monitor is faulty. Sounds like it thinks your heart is racing all the time.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member
    1340 steps just around the house, not exercise and it’s giving me 252 calories??? Seems a little crazy. I have a garmin vivoheart and I wear it all the time. Then when I exercise I do use the activity feature and then can end up with an extra 2500 calories at the end of day. How do I fix this problem?

Check your stats (height/weight/gender) in both MFP and Garmin Connect. If they are correct, sync it late in the evening to youe GC account and then try a factory reset.

Check the actual calories in Garmin Connect if they are waaay off the Calorie Adjustment disconnect and manually add your exercise, if it's showing around the same in GC and is still seeming to high get in touch with Garmin, their customer services are very helpful.