This Time Last Year (Over 140 lbs down *PICS*)

Options
August of 2012 I am almost reluctant to admit I was the woman in these photos. I had my son a month prior and even after losing the initial "water weight" I still weighted over 330 lbs, but after holding my "miracle baby" (I was told I would never get pregnant due to weight and PCOS etc) I knew I needed to make changes in my life if I wanted to be around for my son so I began my journey...

79d19e0b-8f6f-4dd5-9111-6a3846fa5261_zps84336287.jpg

Today, I am down to 211 lbs, still 50+ pounds away from my goal, but very pleased to say that we are expecting another child and are 9 weeks pregnant. Seeing how much can happen in just a year's time just blows my mind, my one year old son is learning at the speed of light, am now expecting another "miracle baby" and I have learned and sustained a healthy lifestyle that I will not only maintain for myself but pass on to my children as well.

86fd2bd9-1175-45d0-976e-6f7a38fe6b71_zps3bb06f7c.jpg

I just want to tell all of you that there IS life after obesity, take it from someone who was obese from childhood, and the life after obesity... well, its SWEET. I never knew how much of life I was missing out on... and while I am still about 15-20 pounds away from getting out of the obese category on paper, I am not obese in my day to day life, I slide down slides with my son, can sit in a booth very comfortably, swing on swings and can buckle seat belts, the whole 9 yards... and THAT is beating obesity to me. Best of luck to all of you on your journeys. Kalah

Replies

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    :heart: Awesome

Great post and thanks for sharing your success.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • mgpryor37
    Options
    That's awesome. You look great, and congratulations.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    really inspiring! congratulations on your success and your pregnancy!
  • jenmcdav
    jenmcdav Posts: 67
    Options
    amazing and inspiring. congrats!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and your pregnancy!! You look great!
  • djr63
    djr63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are a true inspiration to us all!! Congrats on the babies and on making the changes you needed to make...I see some awesome kids being raised in your household with that kind of will and determination! Well done!!!
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss and the pregnancy!!! Truely inspiring!!! You look amazing :)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Amazing story and journey! Very inspirational, you have such a great attitude! Good luck to you with your second pregnancy and continued success!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing!!! Good work and good luck with your pregnancy!!!
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are looking great!! :0
  • mommy9kids
    mommy9kids Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats on your new little one :)
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, well done and big congratulations on your pregnancies, past, present and future :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations all over the place! :happy:
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE!! How tall are you?
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Wow! Keep it up and congrats to you on your progress
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome! you look like a different person!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing and CONGRATS!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!