600 calories below calorie intake but alreay full

Options
First time this happened to me over the course of my 3 month cutting diet. I have only eaten 1200 calories and stil 600 calories left to eat but I’m already full. I’ve eaten 300 calories this morning (44g carbs, 15g protein). For lunch at around 130 i’ve eaten 700 calories (0 cabs, 33g fat, 100g protein) then i worked out and had my protein shake just an hour ago which is 8g carbs, 32g protein. Anyone also experienced this?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Yes, I balance my calories out over the week for this reason. But the occasional off day is not an issue if you don't want to use them.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, one low calorie day isn't going to hurt you. Some people even do this on purpose to save calories for a higher calorie day later, say on the weekend. It's helpful to look at your overall weekly average and just make sure that you're not dieting too aggressively *on balance*
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    If you're not hungry, go for some more liquid calories as they won't fill you up much. Or, you could always just grab a jar of peanut butter and a spoon, and dig tf in.

^ I like the way you think! A day when I've hit my protein macro (the only one I really care about) and have calories left is a day to indulge in whatever I'm feeling like to take up some of the slack.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I get like this and just ensure I hit my protein goal first, then look to carb goal and check to see what my cardio plans are in the immediate future. I'm with @WinoGelato and look to catch up on my Untappd entries - beer & mead being my go to fillers.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I get like this and just ensure I hit my protein goal first, then look to carb goal and check to see what my cardio plans are in the immediate future. I'm with @WinoGelato and look to catch up on my Untappd entries - beer & mead being my go to fillers.

That's how I do it, too. If my protein goal is not met, I'll typically have some cottage cheese or yogurt before I go to bed.